I'll spoiler tag these as we get more info, vids - but for now this is what everyone wants to see, so I'll leave them as is.
Incomplete Move List:
Slip-Up - :f: + :m:
Questioning - :f: + :h:
Air Questioning - (in air) :d: + :h:
Slip-Up - :f: + :m:
Illuminating Point - (during st.:h: on block or hit) :h:
Note Scribbling - (during cr.:h: on hit) :h:
"Just a Little More...!" - (during j.:h: on hit) :h:
Cross-Examination - :f: + :h:
Air Cross-Examination - (in air) :d: + :h:
Bridge to the Turnabout - (with 3 pieces of Evidence) :f: + :h:
Slip-Up - :f: + :m:
Pursuit - :f: + :h:
Air Pursuit - (in air) :d: + :h:
"M-Maya!?" - :qcf: + :atk:
Investigate - :atk: +
Discard - :atk: +
Present Evidence - :atk: +
EDIT: Ooops forgot this one
Steel Samurai Maya Smelting - :qcf: + :atk: + :atk:
Maximillian Character Breakdown (not a tutorial)
Assist Me! Vid
: UltraDavid, Dazed, catbond, <Insert Name Here>
- Maya Shuffle - available in Investigation & Courtroom modes
- Justice Hammer (OTG): Courtroom mode only
- lvl3 - Turnabout mode only
- Get 'Em Missile! - Missile runs across the screen - seems to be low and safe
- Press the Witness - soft knockdown, combo extender
HOW DOES HE WORK?
- Wright has an overhead command normal ( :f:+:m:).
- Wright can launch solo off a throw in the corner
- Normals have long active frames. jS has been seen whiffing on Firebrand, but that may be because S-Kill tried doing it ASAP after S. Guy doesn't seem to have much in the mobility department, but he can dash, unlike Arthur...
- Trying to present bad evidence does nothing and puts him in a long recovery animation
- Magic series doesn't really work with him, some normals are not cancelable into other normals such as st M, the paper toss thing
Phoenix Wright is a unique character in that he has three different stances (or modes if you prefer) that act as a progression tree in making him more dangerous: Investigation, Courtroom and Turnabout. The ultimate goal is to collect three pieces of evidence (represented by the three folders above his Hyper Meter) in order to activate Turnabout mode.
In a nutshell, Investigation mode is more defense oriented while Courtroom is more offense oriented. Turnabout as stated is your ultimate goal that make Phoenix Wright a walking legal beast.
Wright's default mode at the start of the match - you can see this by the little magnifying glass to the right of the evidence folders. This is focused on PW collecting evidence. Collect evidence by inputting
:+:s: combination provides evidence for a different folder. There are two types of evidence: Good and Bad.
- Good evidence is indicated by it's folder illuminating. Can be thrown away.
- Bad evidence must be thrown away my inputting the :+:s: command for the appropriate folder it's stored in.
- All thrown evidence acts as a weak projectile.
- There are 15 total pieces of evidence.
- Good Evidence
- Autopsy Report
- Broken Vase
- Cellular Phone
- Crime Scene Photograph
- Bad Evidence
- Beer Bottle
- (Steel?) Samurai Helmet
- Meat (heals PW when used)
- :d::d:+:s: to enter Courtroom mode
PW can call Maya (from the Ace Attorney series) to provide him with a very durable shield that stop incoming attacks and projectiles. Other variations (depending on which attack is used) see Maya doing an OTG slide goes difference distances. This allows Wright the cover he needs to collect evidence. Assists can be called while Maya is on the playing field.
When you have all the right evidence you do some command and go into this mode, you can see you're in this mode by the little attorney badge on the right of the evidence.
- Can present evidence for beam specials. Different evidence provide different types of projectiles.
- :d::d:+:s: to enter Investigation mode
- Autopsy Report - Floating orb at Trish's Peekaboo height, delayed explosion (probably also explodes on contact)
- Broken Vase - Arcing projectile, travels half-screen (zoomed out)
- Cell Phone - 3 floating orbs like Dante's Multi-Lock, fires after a short delay
- Crime Scene Photo - 5-hit horizontal beam
- Knife - 3 spread beams, covers about a 60 degree angle
- Wristwatch - Single orb fired horizontally, basically a Hadoken
The main objective of this mode is to land an OBJECTION! command normal. Landing an OBJECTION! sends you to Turnabout mode. Landing an OBJECTION! while you don't have the appropriate evidence will leave you stunned.
PW's ultimate mode. This mode is why you bother playing PW in the first place. Wright's normals produce a large accusing, pointing finger that juggles - which covers 3/4 of the screen. This mode also gives Phoenix access to his lvl3 which does a ridiculous 600k of unscaled damage! Did I mention this lvl3 has the same properties as Gravity Squeeze - meaning it hits any and everywhere on the screen?
- This is a timed mode. Timer does no reduce while tagged out. Once timer runs out, you lose all collected evidence.