The Power of Chi! Official Iron Fist thread!

SolderSolder Aspires for Mid-TierJoined: Posts: 1,314Registered
:
IronFist_8.jpg

S-Kill Breakdown:

Extended S-Kill Iron Fist Breakdown (From Tokyo GameShow):
http://www.gamespot.com/events/tgs-2011/video.html?sid=6334712&category=highlights&tag=top_stories;img;8 (Cannot embed gamespot.com link FYI)
And another: http://www.gametrailers.com/video/tgs-11-ultimate-marvel/720941

Assist Me Iron Fist! (finally!)

(Can't seem to skip to section, it begins @ 9:45)

Maximilian's Take:

TSG Gameplay:

More Gameplay:

If someone else has claimed this already, I will relinquish it to them. If not I will monitor it.

Danny Rand a.k.a IRON FIST is officially coming to Ultimate MvC3!

Costume Breakdown: http://uk.gamespot.com/special_feature/marvelcapcom-week4/image-feature/index.html?image=1

Theme!: http://youtube.com/watch?v=s_tz9kQDH0w

He looks very much to be in the style of Fei Long moveset wise (which makes total sense since he is a true martial arts master in the Marvel Universe), and also seems to have a focus attack as well.

3 Supers:
Level 1: Fists of Fury (Mashable for more hits)- Think Berserker Barrage, heavily armored.
Level 1: Pillar of the Dragon (Mashable for more hits)- Tall energy cone, should be useful against airborne opponents or incoming divedicks.
Level 3: The Power of Chi(li)- Massive damage off a 1 inch punch. It's a strike not a grab regardless of how the cinematic looks (which is pure badass). Does not OTG.

Assists:
Assists are:
Palm (short range crumple)
Axe Kick (overhead/OTG)
Dragon Fang (Long Range Flying kick, wallbounce)

8 Rekkas!
Rekka commands...

:qcf::l: is a normal rekka ken punch
:qcf::m: is a crumple punch
:qcf::h: is a knockdown palm thing that S.Kill said crosses up
:qcf::s: is a shoulder attack that does wall bounce
:qcb::l: is a low kick
:qcb::m: is the overhead/otg kick
:qcb::h: is the jump kicks minilauncher (think Yun's upkicks)
:qcb::s: is the flying kick, has crazy range, and also does a wall bounce

He has power up states which give different properties. DP input for power up state.
Red = More power (DP + L)
Blue = Higher defense (DP + M)
Green = More meter gain (DP + H)

While not as recognizable as any of the X-Men, Iron Fist is a longtime favorite of many in the Marvel fanbase, and this looks like a solid representation of him.

Breakdown courtesy of El_Maiz:
Okay, let's see. Gameplay

He has what appears to be an overhead, OTGs, links into specials. Command normal? :35
Some sort of low kick?
Of course, analyze fists.
Cobra-Strike esque special :35
DRAGON KICK :18
Two up-kicks that also seem cancelable into specials. Shown canceling into Dragon Kick at :18
Crumple move :30
Wallbounce move Here at :28
Invincible rushing punching super. Wallbounce :45 Here does almost HALF of Dante's health!
Spirit of the Dragon, super Mighty Tornado. 1:49 Seems to do less damage.
POWAH OF CHI Not a grab, definitely a hit. Seems to hit all around him, and probably does massive damage. 2:12
Look at the video above. Look at how much damage is done from :41 to :45.
Four hits. ON CHRIS.

Will update further when home from work. Doing this while teaching a studyhall today.
XBL: Girls N Corpses

Canada Cup 2011- 8/95 Never Forget

Comments

• BrennanBrennan IT'S NOT A TUNA! Joined: Posts: 1,043Registered
    I thought that I had read "The Power of Chili" or something lol
    ❤~~❤
    TTT2: Alisa/ Ganryu - A.Ogre/Unknown | KoF XIII: Ash - Mature - Vice AH3: Eko
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,551Registered
    Fist looks pretty damn cool. his hypers are good, that's for sure. Spirit of the Dragon looks like Mighty Tornado with a bigger hitbox, Fists of Fury seems to have invincibility frames and wall carries, and his lvl 3 can activate on opponents out of the air. curious about those style changes too, looks like he has three (red, blue, and green, whatever those are supposed to be).
    "Don't sleep on Maziodyne" - Mr. X
    UMvC3: C.Viper/Strange/Dante
    P4A: Aigis || BBEX: λ-11-
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 3,857Registered
    I'm so fucking hype for Iron Fist omg I want this game so bad now :(
  • quicksquicks Joined: Posts: 2,399Registered
    plays exactly how i thought he was going to be , pretty impressed

he looks like he hurts alot aswell

a move that crumples
  • WithTheirFistsWithTheirFists The Scrub Without Fear Joined: Posts: 37Registered
    Really loving how easily he can transition into his hypers from his crumple attack (Is the crumple an effect from one of his chi powers-ups? A command normal?). His OTG-capable heel kick will definitely help extend his combos. Really looking forward to learning more about the nature and variations of his Chi-Hand power-ups.
  • jamal313jamal313 >plays top tier >never wins. Joined: Posts: 12,702Registered, Premium
    his lvl 3 is begging me to say "HOLD THAT L SON"

i just noticed in one of the vids when he got team aerial combo'd he lost his chi stacks....idk if its cause of the combos or cause of the time but well have to see
    "if you can't accept losing you cant win." UMVC3: viper/dante/strider
    persona 4: Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    he also looks like he has a fast ground overhead , i hate them but yes please
  • NefariousJoeNefariousJoe Joined: Posts: 268Registered
    I'm hugely excited for Iron Fist, but it looks like we have another character who has essentially no way of getting in. Am I missing something? Where are the mixups?

And he seems to play like Fei Long but without the air options. So I guess he's godlike in the area 4 feet directly in front of him? And absolutely everywhere else he isn't a threat at all?
  • piskooooopiskooooo anime swag Joined: Posts: 3,857Registered
    I'm assuming he's like She-Hulk.
  • jamal313jamal313 >plays top tier >never wins. Joined: Posts: 12,702Registered, Premium
    thats what i thought to when i seen him....its probaly a way for him to get in or he needs good assist. the mofo hits like a truck
    "if you can't accept losing you cant win." UMVC3: viper/dante/strider
    persona 4: Yosuke
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,317Registered
    Nah, Iron Fist=Fei Long in Marvel. He going to have some ghetto rekkas>overheads due to the stances.
  • Doctrine DarkDoctrine Dark Loves DD's Joined: Posts: 1,617Registered
    Love how he uses Chi in his specials, and all of his hypers look effective and cool.

Much hyper for Danny than I originally thought I would be.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.
    PSN: SP_Wesker215 Persona 4 Arena: Yu Narukami
    UMVC3: Jill/Dante/Doom
    Virtua Fighter 5 FS: Akira
  • zennithzennith Palm of Forty Sorrows Joined: Posts: 9Registered
    Can't wait to find out what all the different chi power ups work.
    Looks like he has a blue, green and red power up with yellow fist just happening with certain specials.
    lasts 3 to 4 in game seconds and if you tag out while its active you still have it when you tag back in.
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
  • DingofistDingofist D-I-N-G-O! Joined: Posts: 105Registered
    Danny's looking pretty badass, and I'm really intrigued by the chi system he's got goin'. I personally assumed it was just a stock system that would affect some properties of his special moves, like Dorm's spells but, y'know, different.

Wish they hadn't gone with the old-school look, though, because he looks kinda goofy and short.

What was wrong with the awesome look from the Immortal Iron Fist series? immortal-iron-fist-the-20070622090132736.jpg
    KoF- Ryo/Shen/Iori...with a sprinkling of K'.
    GGAC- Sol-Badguy
    TTT2- Bunch of Trees/Boy on Bike
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,145Registered
    Him and Hsien-Ko are gonna go together like peas in a pod with the Chinese themes and Tenrai-Ha+Spirit of the Dragon.

Definitely a strong contender for use in UMvC3.
    Danny's looking pretty badass, and I'm really intrigued by the chi system he's got goin'. I personally assumed it was just a stock system that would affect some properties of his special moves, like Dorm's spells but, y'know, different.

Wish they hadn't gone with the old-school look, though, because he looks kinda goofy and short.

What was wrong with the awesome look from the Immortal Iron Fist series?
    Agreed.

I like that costume much more than his current one.
  • figuer39figuer39 Spiritual Groove Joined: Posts: 346Registered
    He looks so amazing! Leave it up to Capcom to finally represent this guy properly in any form of media.

Definitely a potential new main for me.
  • BiGGDaddyCaneBiGGDaddyCane ☵☳☷☵☴☵☳☲☷☵ Joined: Posts: 897Registered
    snip

That shit better be a alt costume. Looks to sick.
    " Watching Vintage Classics "
    KOF 98 Slugfest Dream Match Never Ends
  • DingofistDingofist D-I-N-G-O! Joined: Posts: 105Registered
    Also: money on a Power Man alt. color.
    KoF- Ryo/Shen/Iori...with a sprinkling of K'.
    GGAC- Sol-Badguy
    TTT2- Bunch of Trees/Boy on Bike
  • zennithzennith Palm of Forty Sorrows Joined: Posts: 9Registered
    Love the immortal iron fist costume and i hope im wrong but for a dlc costume they will probably give us the avengers costume.
    newavengers4+-+newironfistcostume.jpg
    Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment.
  • scytheavatarscytheavatar Joined: Posts: 2,199Registered
    I'm hugely excited for Iron Fist, but it looks like we have another character who has essentially no way of getting in. Am I missing something? Where are the mixups?

He's obviously going to be very similar to Polimar of TvC:

The question now is how his chi charging thing works. I think Iron Fist will be a sleeper, his damage looks ridiculous and it wouldn't be obvious how to use him until we have more information of his movelist.
    I'm hope one of the chi properties is to heal him
  • Robo-mitsuRobo-mitsu Shinobiest Bitch! Joined: Posts: 2,983Registered
    He flows like water indeed. His theme kicks all kinds of ass, and he may have my favourite win quote thus far.
    He has risen! I declare the 20th July National Ninja Day!

PSN: DemonKingLaharl (All the good usernames were taken. :sweat:)
  • HawkingbirdHawkingbird Joined: Posts: 5,905Registered
    Those chi auras better have some awesome benefits for that player to sacrifice the wallbounces and OTGs. I would hate for Iron Fist to end up like Hakan. Also, not feeling the voice.
    PSN: Hawkingbird
  • SteelyHawkeSteelyHawke Get down to business Joined: Posts: 1,145Registered
    Has anyone seen this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDWmoIEDhnE

His power is unmatched in this game. Honestly, he looks like the heaviest hitter in the game now!
  • Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280Registered
    I don't think my heart can take it anymore. Please Capcom, purple outfit and I'll die so happy.

I'm in tears
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,556Registered
    plays how i expected. hand to hand with chi powerups.
    incredibly fast dashes, lvl1 w/ invincibility, set of moves with dangerous properties (crumples, hard knockdowns, wallbounces, otgs), impressive damage, overhead(?). looks straight foward.
    also, looks like some of his moves automatically power him up (glows red) in addition to his command powerups.(?)
    Thor/Trish/Doom; Skrull/others/Doom; Wolv/Verg/Dorm; DMC; Mag/Sent/Dorm; Nova/IM/Strange; VJoe/RR/Mag; VJoe/Viper/others; Morr/MODOK/others; Hulk/MODOK/Doom; Morr/Task/Fel; Frank/Verg/Dog; Mag/Verg/Wesk; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Zero/Frank/Tron/Sent; Spider/Hawk/Strider; Spider/Storm/others; Akuma/X23/Nem; FB/Zero/MODOK; FB/Dog/Wesk/Nem; FB/Dorm/Task; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Shulk/RR; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Task/Shulk/Akuma; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; IF/Ryu/others; Viper/Skrull/Frank; Zero/Mag/Phnx; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Cap/RR/Doom; Cap/Hawk/Thor; X23/DanteWesk/MorrArth/TronRR/Hulk Chris; Jill/Wesk/Nem; Jill/Dante/Dorm; Dog/IM/others; Ryu/Pool/Sent; Nem/Nova/Thor; Strange/Hawk/IF; Chun/Zero/RR/Verg; PW/many/Dog; GR/H-Ko/Shuma
  • Joe YabukiJoe Yabuki Murcielago Joined: Posts: 1,280Registered
    ANALYZE FISTS
    Catherine is a better fighting game than *insert game here*
  • JampJamp Destroy Form Joined: Posts: 7,290Registered, Moderators
    A one inch punch for his level 3 and Bruce Lee screams?

NGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023Registered
    Okay, let's see. Gameplay

He has what appears to be an overhead, OTGs, links into specials. Command normal? :35
    Some sort of low kick?
    Of course, analyze fists.
    Cobra-Strike esque special :35
    DRAGON KICK :18
    Two up-kicks that also seem cancelable into specials. Shown canceling into Dragon Kick at :18
    Crumple move :30
    Wallbounce move Here at :28
    Invincible rushing punching super. Wallbounce :45 Here does almost HALF of Dante's health!
    Spirit of the Dragon, super Mighty Tornado. 1:49 Seems to do less damage.
    POWAH OF CHI Not a grab, definitely a hit. Seems to hit all around him, and probably does massive damage. 2:12

Look at the video above. Look at how much damage is done from :41 to :45.
    Four hits. ON CHRIS.

These specials that seem to be cancelable gives him a Polimar look to him. Also, LOOK AT THE DAMAAAGE.

What's wrong with his voice for the supers? He sounds like a robot.
    I honestly don't care if he has Haggar problems getting in. He's my favorite Marvel character, followed by Moon Knight and Luke Cage.

I think all this hype is giving me abdominal pain.
    I will do my best to figure out his moveset from videos, as I can't go to major events.
  • eddymastaeddymasta The Man Without Fear Joined: Posts: 702Registered
    Yooo Danny Rand! SO HYPE
    GGPO: Angrylobster