Bringing Sexy Back - Nemesis Discussion Thread (Pg.18 and beyond)

SubstantialSubstantial GrapeJoined: Posts: 731Registered
Welcome to the Nemesis thread, home of the hyper tentacle force.

YEAH!

Cry me a river:coffee:

For those of you unfamiliar with the character he made his debut in Resident Evil 3: Nemesis.
He's pretty much a tyrant on steroids (with a rocket launcher) and made your life a living hell as he popped up at the worst/most frightening times in the game which meant it was time to get the hell out, or fight(as a 9 year old kid I did more running than fighting).

Color Schemes
umvc3_costumes_029_71569_640screen.jpg
DrNemesis.jpg
ManTHINGNemesis.jpg
RPDNemesis.jpg
ExeNeme.jpg

So from that video I'm just gonna make a list of my observations/what we know so far.
Feel free to touch anything I miss.
MISC (a)
-He no longer says S.T.A.R.S. :eek: unless he's fighting a S.T.A.R.S. operative, duh. D:
-REALLY high damage
-He's freaking HUGE.
-Slow walk speeds (Like in the games)
-Fast dash speed (like his run speed in the games : P)
-Nemesis just drops his rocket launcher like "Wtf : (" after a time over.
-His win quote is blank, literally, or "Gwoaaaaahh"
- Diagonal downwards and horizontal tentacle attacks in the air. Very good zoning and rushdown tools as they're both multi-hit
-Despite being SUPER unsafe 5E probably has the biggest hitbox of any launcher in game also hits twice, once when he slams his hand down and twice when the tentacles come up.
- Command normal, shoulder charge. Has armor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9N2bxDqsCg#t=3m02s
- Win Pose - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttSpgGEwDPQ#t=3m44s
-Rocket launcher normals have super armor on them. Appears to be 2 hits worth, kinda scary.
-J.C has an amazing hitbox and crosses up for free.
16_umvc02.jpg

madcatzmkpanelH08.jpg

Specials (b)

-Punch(clothesline) into Rocket Launcher- Nemesis appears to be able to do a punch type move that looks like his wallbounce punch, but doesn't do anything other than hit them, which then chains into all of his rocket launcher specials. <- Also an assist
:qcf::atk:
-:l: Clothesline
-:m: Clothesline into forward rocket shot
-:h: Clothesline into upward rocket shot (45 degree)

-Air to ground Rocket Launcher (diagonal) -Huge blast radius, fast startup, fast projectile travel speed small hitbox on the actual shell. (Time to play lame with Nemesis?)
- Ground to ground Rocket Launcher (horizontal) - See above ^
(unless these are both command normals ala Wesker gunshot expect to see two more versions of each.)
-Ground to Air Rocket Launcher (diagonal)- Pretty much the same thing as the above two.
-Air to Air Rocket Launcher (horizontal) - See above
- A tip about the RL, credits to SSRagna "For anyone wondering, since Nemesis was able to go through Dormammu's Dark Hole with a rocket launcher attack, this means that it either has least 4 low durability points or is a medium class projectile, so it also beats out attacks like Doom's Plasma Beam and Iron Man's Unibeam if I'm reading/comprehending this correctly.
Source: The almighty bible that is the MvC3 strategy guide."

-Air to ground command grab - Looks like a normal on first glance but immediately after they show his BBCS chain, so unless it's a command normal I think it's safe to say it's another varation of his command grab. (0:26)
-Ground to ground command grab - http://youtu.be/457RduwRyKM?t=2m12s
-Ground to air command grab - Causes a ground bounce, lets you follow up afterwards. (0:51)
-Ground to air command grab (vertical)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGURMJP8HvE#t=2m51s
:hcb: :l: = Straight Tentacle Grab
:hcb: :m: = 45 Degree Tentacle Grab
:hcb: :h: = Straight Up Tentacle Grab

:dp::atk: Launcher Slam
-:l: Knocks opponent into the air (mini launcher?) Godlike for resets into the command grabs.
-:m: Ground bounces
-:h: Wall bounces

Supers (c)
-Biohazard Rush(I ain't even mad) - Looks really slow but it has super armor also looks very DHC friendly due to the spinning state from the last punch (0:32)
Update - Contains super armor for 100% (5 hits worth)of the animation, last hit has a huge hitbox too.
:dp: :atk::atk: = Biohazard Rush
Iaintevenmad.gif

-Rocket Launcher Super(Biohazard Assault) - First hit otg's, last hit otg's. The rocket shots seem to cause hard knockdowns while the CURB STOMP is a soft knockdown after the opponent pops up. (0:46)
Update - Each shot tracks, the curb stomp can cross up although it doesn't have a very big hitbox; very punishable. Even if the first shot hits, some of the other shots can still drop, likewise if the shots towards the end hit the curb stomp will land due to the shots being hard knockdowns.
:qcf: :atk::atk: = Rocket Hyper

- Lvl 3(Fatal Mutation) o_O - Nemesis transforms into his final form from the RE3 games and eats you? Looks like it's a grab super, as seen in one of the gameplay vids you don't have to be RIGHT next to them. But we've yet to see just how far it goes. : / (HURTS, 450k damage and you can follow up with Biohazard Assault/OTG)
Update - HOLY SH*T AT THE RANGE ON THIS THING, AND ITS 0 FRAME(after the cinematic)?! WTF CAPCOM, I LOVE YOU. This has to be the furthest grabbing level 3 in the game. There was about 2 characters space in between Nemesis when this happened.
No startup invinc. http://youtu.be/457RduwRyKM?t=2m20s whiff
:hcb::atk::atk: = Level 3 Fatal Mutation

Lvl3Distance.jpg

Assists (d)

(Only 1 hit of armor on the RL slam)
-Clothesline Rocket - Nemesis does a clotheline, then fires his rocket horizontally. The clothesline wallbounces? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfDYMESuRw#t=52s
-RL Slam - Nemesis groundbounces the opponent with his rocket launcher.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DpH7XPJTvc#t=1m26s
-Rocket Launcher - Regular horizontal shot with the rocket launcher.

Other Vids

(0:35) J.E has a SEXY hitbox and causes a ground bounce.
Nemesis = Protector of Raccoon City's skies?
(1:38) TK Air to Ground Rocket Launcher
(1:43) That tentacle attack is actually just a multi-hit command normal and not a command grab, oh well.
Seems to have about 900k-950k hp... 850k at the very least.

lol @ his block animation
(0:21) Rocket otgs from the air, air-xfc followups anybody? J.e causes a hard knockdown so I could see that as a combo option for more damage in the corner. : P
(0:22) Dat backdash speed.
(0:22) 3/4 screen tentacle attack, really fast.
16_umvc01.jpg

(1:26) ^ This attack shares the same multi-hit properties as the air version, I'm guessing if they're close to you when you do it, it acts as a command grab? Seems to have the same animation
(1:39) Bazooka pimp slap, really far knockback + hardknockdown
(1:40) Bazooka super seems to track?

If bazooka super tracks, Nemesis is gonna be able to play so lame. His zoning game with tentacles and rockets looks pretty decent considering none of them have slow start up.

-Disgustingly safe normals -Seth Reviews Nemesis
-Assist me(Thanks Max)

Now that that's out of the way, let's discuss what we think of this guy. <3
:coffee:
D: Orly? (Also known as Grape...like the fruit)
Final Round - Rock Paper Scissors Champion
Evo - Rock Paper Scissors Champion

Comments

• Snuggle_WalrusSnuggle_Walrus Ninja in training Joined: Posts: 179Registered
    Looks like a awesome character and nice OTG moves and hypers could lead to some real nice stuff, anyone see what assists he's got? i didnt notice anything with the current uploads :/
    SSF4:AE - Ibuki / Cammy
    MvC3 - Felicia/Zero/Dorm, Wolv/Akuma/Sent, Wesker/Doom/Magneto
  • ThaGuyThaGuy Aye Aye OH!!!! Joined: Posts: 488Registered
    I like the character, but the Thread Title is a fail. Where is the relevance?
    I Am Tha Guy.

-PSN: ThaGuy
  • maziodynemaziodyne I'll crush you in one strike! Joined: Posts: 7,551Registered
    I think his STAAAAAAAAAARS dialogue is gonna be with the Resi characters only. don't count it out yet, lol.
    "Don't sleep on Maziodyne" - Mr. X
    UMvC3: C.Viper/Strange/Dante
    P4A: Aigis || BBEX: λ-11-
  • yah yaahh b*tch!yah yaahh b*tch! thats my b*tch Joined: Posts: 3,752Registered
    Why would he no longer say Stars we dont know if he says it all, he wasnt fighting any RE characters in the opening clip.

Anyway, Nemesis vs Morrigan, lvl 3 ..tentacles ...lets go.
  • SubstantialSubstantial Grape Joined: Posts: 731Registered
    He's the ugliest mother f*cker I've ever seen in a fighting game/game in general, it's just light sarcasm. <3
    Alternatively, black trench coats, rocket launchers, (and tentacles for you fetish guys) is sexy to lots of people. <3
    Also he's kinda undead, and hasn't been seen in a game since umbrella chronicles, hence him bringing it back.
    ^ The relevance.
    Why would he no longer say Stars we dont know if he says it all, he wasnt fighting any RE characters in the opening clip.

I was just speaking on behalf of that video, I wasn't saying it was completely gone. : p
  • NovaforceNovaforce Haters Gonna Hate. Joined: Posts: 565Registered

Pretty much.

He's looking like a better version of Hulk though. :(
    Fighting me is like pistol whipping a blind kid.
    Deserves the Nova thread.
    I'm gay. Deal with it.
    Put video/picture links in [ spoiler ] [ / spoiler] (No spaces between brackets, and the back slash) or we lose the ability to post them!
  • F0xhound009F0xhound009 Joined: Posts: 494Registered
    I'm sure he will say S.T.A.R.S there's no way in a game like this with great lines he won't have it. You can't just judge he doesn't say it from character trailers. Might be when he's facin RE characters though. Anyway that's not the point. The point is how good will he be? First thing I see is he looks kinda slow which is expected but looks to deal massive damage. Probably has decent health but just from the 2 reveals today I'd say Dr. Strange looks by far more fun to play. TBH Dr. Strange looks powerful as fuck.
    360 Tag: CT Foxhound
    PSN: Foxhound_009
    TBH Dr. Strange looks powerful as fuck.
    Well he is the sorcerer supreme after all. : P
  • JampJamp Destroy Form Joined: Posts: 7,290Registered, Moderators
    Runaway Wesker was nothing. Nemesis is going to be moved by tears and salt with that rocket launcher.

I'm totally using him.
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
  • The DamnedThe Damned Copy Mr. X: More Bitter Edition Joined: Posts: 5,228Registered, Moderators
    (Hunh. I hadn't seen that initial character video. Wonder if there's one for Doctor Strange.)

Good to see the person that started the Nemesis Thread for was actually quite informative about it. I just wish wasted so much time, especially since I don't really care about any of the new characters that are supposedly left. Oh well....

Anyway, as I saying in my other thread before I was about to delete (and was apparently beaten to that), I'm rather surprised about how gory some of his abilities are. I mean, I'm pleasantly surprised since it fits. It's just...kinda of disconnect given the cartoon violence of everything else.

Then again, I never really even considered Nemesis T-Type as someone/something who/that would even occur to Capcom to use, so....
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - Yunalesca
    "Also, it's Klaptrap, not Clap Trap. Clap Trap sounds like you are referring to a Vagina that OHKOs." - Nickel
  • JampJamp Destroy Form Joined: Posts: 7,290Registered, Moderators
    It's not that gory. Sure, there are tentacles and stuff but he doesn't mutilate himself to use them - hell, he doesn't even take off his clothes.

His lvl 3 is not graphic at all either. They did a good job, ESRB can't complain about "implied tentacle murder".
    "Hey man if I lose to it, I'm pretty sure that makes it braindead." - AceKillah
    (Hunh. I hadn't seen that initial character video. Wonder if there's one for Doctor Strange.)

Good to see the person that started the Nemesis Thread for was actually quite informative about it. I just wish wasted so much time, especially since I don't really care about any of the new characters that are supposedly left. Oh well....

Anyway, as I saying in my other thread before I was about to delete (and was apparently beaten to that), I'm rather surprised about how gory some of his abilities are. I mean, I'm pleasantly surprised since it fits. It's just...kinda of disconnect given the cartoon violence of everything else.

Then again, I never really even considered Nemesis T-Type as someone/something who/that would even occur to Capcom to use, so....
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
    Sorry about that : p I didn't even wanna make the thread at first, but after about 3 hours passed I went ahead and hopped on it.
    Whatever you were gonna post initially just post here and i'll add it the the first post if you want.
    and yeah, some of his moves are awfully gorey o_O(I guess it's just the tentacles bursting through his skin and the juice for the added effect of a rupture that gets to me) I wonder if that's gonna apply to any of the remaining characters as well.
  • The DamnedThe Damned Copy Mr. X: More Bitter Edition Joined: Posts: 5,228Registered, Moderators
    (Sorry for the delay. I was too busy flipping tables er...I mean, taking a shower.)

Oh, it was nothing substant...of substance that you haven't already covered, especially given that I missed out on the Cero video. I think the only things I noted that I don't see in the original post are that is his jump H seems to hit around him and he probably won't stay anything unless he's against someone else or from Resident Evil or maybe the Hulk given Hulk's ending in MvC3.

And, yeah, I hear you about the thread creation. I didn't want to be first for the sake of being first. I just wanted to be first because I know that I have more free time than most people and I'm sure that I'd be able to keep up with any new updates. As long as the original poster is otherwise around and interested in the character, than I more than fine ceding control to that person, especially since none of the other characters "leaked" interest me from a fan prespective.

We'll see if that changes when gameplay of them gets out--I doubt it, though.
    It's not that gory. Sure, there are tentacles and stuff but he doesn't mutilate himself to use them - hell, he doesn't even take off his clothes.

His jump H says otherwise.

Trust me. I doesn't bother me, at least when it comes to bleeding in and of itself. It's not like he's Jedah or anything. It's just weird to see a character bleed, even if they're causing if they're causing it themselves, in a world of otherwise cartoony violence where people take explosions to the face and constantly being hit by sharp objects without so much as scratchy.

It's one thing to say "die" constantly; it's another thing entirely to show that someone can actually be injured.
    "Sorrow cannot be abolished. It is meaningless to try." - Yunalesca
    "Also, it's Klaptrap, not Clap Trap. Clap Trap sounds like you are referring to a Vagina that OHKOs." - Nickel
  • Diek StiekemDiek Stiekem UMvC3 Mod and Sigma player from the future Joined: Posts: 2,176Registered, Moderators
    I'm happy like a little kid, while watching the trailers for like the 5th time.

Wesker/Nemesis/whoever, let's go!

At first I was "meh" when I saw him turning into the blob for his lvl3, but when I saw the opponent all tied up helplessly into the "Oh noes I'm being eaten" 1st person view, all was forgiven :cool:
    "Such Heroic Nonsense!"

PSN: DiekStiekem
    Av by Savaii64
  • Cee DizzyCee Dizzy Bro, do you even dive? Joined: Posts: 3,012Registered
    Damn.... dat damage...
  • REALPLAYERREALPLAYER Joined: Posts: 1,556Registered
    WOW.....Nemesis.:wow::wasted::eek:
    This motherfucker is FUCKIN FRIGHTENING! And I'm not only talking about him being a 9 foot monster.
    His damage looks absurd. Hide your kids, hide your wife cause they raping errybody out here! They = Nemesis. HIDE YOUR LIFEBAR!
    lvl1 rush super has hyper armor throughout the whole damn thing.
    rocket super looks like it'll be able to combo afterwards with xfactor speed boost.
    i don't know what ppl are saying about his health, but his health looks above average to me.
    he's pretty nimble for a character his size, but gotdamn is this fucker huge. o_0
    his 'command grab' looks like a blockable move.

on the down side, it doesn't look like his cannon shot has much priority, but i really don't think its gonna matter given his other tools. plus, i think his crouching animation is taller than sentinels. he dwarfed a standing chun-li in the gameplay vid.
    LOVING THIS CHARACTER! :badboy:
    Thor/Trish/Doom; Skrull/others/Doom; Wolv/Verg/Dorm; DMC; Mag/Sent/Dorm; Nova/IM/Strange; VJoe/RR/Mag; VJoe/Viper/others; Morr/MODOK/others; Hulk/MODOK/Doom; Morr/Task/Fel; Frank/Verg/Dog; Mag/Verg/Wesk; Wesk/Dog/Akuma; Zero/Frank/Tron/Sent; Spider/Hawk/Strider; Spider/Storm/others; Akuma/X23/Nem; FB/Zero/MODOK; FB/Dog/Wesk/Nem; FB/Dorm/Task; Hag/Spenc/others; Tron/Shulk/RR; Hag/Hulk/Doom; Task/Shulk/Akuma; Hulk/Skrull/Shulk; IF/Ryu/others; Viper/Skrull/Frank; Zero/Mag/Phnx; Morr/Strange/Phnx; GR/Nova/Phnx; Cap/RR/Doom; Cap/Hawk/Thor; X23/DanteWesk/MorrArth/TronRR/Hulk Chris; Jill/Wesk/Nem; Jill/Dante/Dorm; Dog/IM/others; Ryu/Pool/Sent; Nem/Nova/Thor; Strange/Hawk/IF; Chun/Zero/RR/Verg; PW/many/Dog; GR/H-Ko/Shuma
    on the down side, it doesn't look like his cannon shot has much priority
    I'm not sure just how much priority dark hole has, but one shot beat out dark hole and hit Dormammu.
  • CTGCTG Army of Zero Joined: Posts: 3,502Registered
    Rocket Launcher special when right through Black Hole. :tup:

He doesn't seem very slow, which is great. A powerhouse character with above average (but not ridiculous) health, that can move around a bit. Oh yea.
  • TraumatischTraumatisch NOT a new member, just a new account Joined: Posts: 237Registered
    Thread Title shouldve been Tentacle Rape 101 - Hentai ; You're doing it wrong.

Imho x]
    SSF4AE : Viper, Akuma
    MvC3 : X-23/Wesker/Dormammu
    Thread Title shouldve been Tentacle Rape 101 - Hentai ; You're doing it wrong.

Imho x]
    Everybody was expecting a tentacle-based title
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ Too generic
    Haters gonna hate.
    Ontopic, If you guys find anything interesting and want me to add it to the first post, just inform me. : P
  • evilweevleevilweevle Xbox GT : MrFossy Joined: Posts: 2,478Registered
    i was thinking for a thread title just now

"B.O.W down to the...."

something or other

maybe hyper tentacle force as it says on the first post. i quite like that.
    Skullgirls Best of the Best round robin tournies, add this gamertag as it will be easier for everyone to arrange games (aBOBSKULLGIRLSa) (Xbox360)

UmvC3 : Dante/Spidey/Hsien-Ko Skullgirls : Fortune/Cerebella
    Phoenix Wright(Maya)/Ghost Rider/Vergil
  • TraumatischTraumatisch NOT a new member, just a new account Joined: Posts: 237Registered
    Eh.. Obvious doesnt mean bad.

Its fine, hype for the character one way or another.
    SSF4AE : Viper, Akuma
    MvC3 : X-23/Wesker/Dormammu
  • chazzy_chefchazzy_chef Joined: Posts: 26Registered
    I think the title is fine. Admit it guys, Nemmy is hot.
  • ViktorkainViktorkain Joined: Posts: 1,325Registered
    Yea Dorms Dark Hole is no slouch so for the Rocket to blow through it and hit dorm ..... Has me kind of scared. I play Dorm..... Nemesis honestly looks pretty bad ass but then again so do all of the new characters especially Dr strange.
    "Worldmind Open Star Gate, Inform them that I am responding!"
    I don't always drink beer, but when I do I drink Odin's beer.Stay Godly my friends, Stay Godly!
    "Asura" for UMVC3. Asura for Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
  • JocelotJocelot Don't give up! Joined: Posts: 4,084Registered
    Aww man... I hope I don't come off as a crazy person but Nemesis reminds me of a Marvelized version of Q from Third Strike. I like his deliberate, powerful strikes.

Looks like he has a set of good OTG options as well, tiger knee rocket launcher, rocket launcher super than ends in ground bounce. Not to mention means of closing distance with his opponent; barrage super that has a crapton of super armour (I wonder how much Nemmy can take before stopping?) and a command grab level 3.

I'm super hyped for Nemesis!
    Party Robot!!

Now my head can spin. I'll be around for a million years, so let the party begin.
  • WrenWren Please...try harder Joined: Posts: 255Registered
    Looks good, but I gotta agree, the thread title fails.
    UMvC3: Wesker/Trish/Dr. Strange
  • DepsDeps ayep Joined: Posts: 166Registered
    Nemesis seems a lot faster than I thought he'd be, especially being a 9 foot tall monster. His normals seem to have decent speed and good range+ his rocket launcher. Big characters are usually not too good in vs games, but I can see Nemesis being a threat.
  • frustratedsquirrelfrustratedsquirrel Masky stripey man! Wtf is a raccoon? Joined: Posts: 3,761Registered
    I think the title is fine. Admit it guys, Nemmy is hot.
    It's like Shuma all over again.
    He kind of is, though...
    A few things I noticed:

his launcher is like Dormammu's. It covers a lot of vertical space. I've noticed it seems VERY unsafe though if blocked or whiffed. The recovery animation is substantial.

While his attacks do a lot of damage, he also seems to have limited combo potential from what we've seen so far. I don't think he's going to be killing by himself, but with an assist he'll be lethal. Midscreen combos seem lacking but it's clear that with tigerkneed rocket launcher he could get some extensions in the corner. However...

His command grab is friggin' fast and huge. It's like Skrull's without the startup. I'll bet you that Nemesis has some godly resets with a bit of conditioning. You thought wesker was bad in the corner? Nemesis doesn't even need to jump and air throw you. He can also combo off his command grabs, which is beautiful.
    From team Sp00ky's TvC stream:
    "Alex? He will put his mitts all over you dude. Like he's so grimy, he shows up to the party and is like 'RAAAGH' and rips his shirt off"
  • ironboy89ironboy89 Beep Boop Beep Joined: Posts: 4,317Registered
    Nemesis= The Day 1 Sentinel of UMVC3

He has everything that will create tears like Sent did.
    Nemesis= The Day 1 Sentinel of UMVC3

He has everything that will create tears like Sent did.
    except flight, super armor on normals, range of the gods, stupid easy dhcs (I guess that depends on how good the rocket launch super is), and HP.
    Looks good, but I gotta agree, the thread title fails.
    Sorry for not naming it <Insert lame Tentacle Joke Here> Haters gonna hate.(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻