Super Street Fighter IV AE PC BIG BUG THREAD | Post your AE PC issues here

Comments

• EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,905Registered
    thanks guys i'll look into it on my end - if anyone else tries and it locks up please post.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • DetsukenDetsuken Lover Joined: Posts: 5Registered
    I have a weird problem. I put arranged background music on in the options (so it theoretically should play the individual character themes), but it doesn't play, just the regular stage music. What am I doing wrong, can anyone please help? Legit copy of AE, own the disc and unlocked everything with the recently released unlocker (BIG thanks for that)
  • exspesexspes Joined: Posts: 95Registered
    @kache, yea only AE, never with vanilla. I figured out i can run everything on max except particles, i have to turn that down :( Fireballs look like crap but at least i can play for a few hours online without the computer turning itself off. I tried everything on it's lowest except particles which i left on high and it still crashed. I'm guessing it's graphics card driver errors with the game or something. Would be nice to play everything on high but i'd rather play than it looked pretty :P
    PSN: aeonfusion PC: exspes
    AE: Cammy, Adon (i play quite a few others too)
    BB: Hazama
    xT: Cammy/Rufus
  • EllipsenEllipsen SFxTPC + AEPC Joined: Posts: 1,905Registered
    thanks guys i'll look into it on my end - if anyone else tries and it locks up please post.

FYI, it was my mistake - I somehow renamed the uc1.ema file when backing up my skins. Thanks 4 checking.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Shinra358Shinra358 Joined: Posts: 43Registered
    I've already posted this at Capcom-Unity but I doubt any mod took note of them due to the thread overflowing with many pages. From Mediocre importance to Low importance, here is my feedback for the PC version of this game:

Convenience:
    -In Trial Mode, the 'show input' function should not pause the game. It should change the move name to the command input so trial flow would not be disrupted like on SF4 vanilla. It would be even more convenient if the command was shown right beside the move name so one would not have to press the 'show input' button.

-Menu controls should not be mapped with attack controls because once one changes his button layout, the menu controls are all out of whack. The Menu Control layout should not be able to be manipulated, only the attack layout.

-The time of Configuring Buttons have become expanded because of the extra dialgue telling one to set a key when they've already pressed a button and the dialogue telling one to confirm.

Bugs:
    -In Options > Graphics Settings > Model Quality, Both the Low and Medium settings are the exact same visually. It would also be the exactly same as High but High just has a black outline around the characters. All 3 Settins they have the basketball like skin texture. In vanilla SF4, the Low setting was faded almost like a 2D sprite. In the Medium Setting of SF4 vanilla, the characters had smooth skin. In vanilla SF4's High mode, characters had the basketball textured skin.

-Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni start off with all their taunts, palettes, and quotes already unlocked.

-No rumble support (unlike vanilla sf4)

-Sub-titles still play on 3D model cutscenes when they are turned off in the options menu. Intro and Ending anime scene subtitles do as they should though.

-For Resolutions 1280x720 and higher, the 'HUD Positioning' options do not match what is actually on screen (HUB Positioning options are broken for resolutions 1280x720 and above).

-Windowed Mode and Fullscreen mode need separate settings to prevent going into window mode with a huge windowed screen (vanilla SF4 has this).

Cosmetics:
    -Yun, Yang, Evil Ryu, and Oni should have palettes 11 and 12 deleted because palette 11 is the same as the Ink Extra Effect and palette 12's effect should become a new Extra effect in Options > Graphic Settings > Extra Effects. If push comes to shove, everyone should get 2 more palettes for a total of 12 to keep intact with past traditional SF games having at least 12 palettes instead of 10.

Personal Preferences:
    -Needs all old single player modes back from vanilla SF4.
  • kachekache Inversion Impulse Joined: Posts: 653Registered
    Everyone has 12 colours, not only the AE characters. They just aren't unlocked.
    And please no single player crap like in Vanilla. The capcom guys aren't good doing them like the Ark System's.
    紅赤朱
    @kache: for your first and second sentences replying to my palettes statement; you read wrong.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 3,969Registered
    If you only have one controller connected accidentally select a human training dummy in training mode and press lk for player one, you can't the fucking menu because it's now waiting on input from a controller that doesn't exist. You basically have to ALT-F4. Maybe it's because the unpatched version doesn't recognize keyboards, but they should have left it like the console version where you can just press mk to go back.
  • miniiminii Mundo posts where he pleases! Joined: Posts: 530Registered
    Well I installed it last night and tried it out, ran the benchmark and got a solid 120fps with vsync on so I thought "Awesome, we're all good to go". Checked the graphics settings and lowered shadow stuff and turned AA/AF off. Went to training mode just to mess around for 5 minutes and... well it's different. I couldn't do alot of combos, for shit. Took me ages to do Sak's cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, cr.mk xx sho yet two seconds before I was doing it perfectly over and over again on my xbox. Now I noticed it's limiting my frames to 60fps (it's a solid 60) whch is fine but I wonder if this is screwing things up. Going to update my graphics drivers when I get home as I noticed the game didn't have a 3D profile yet it is rated on the website so I guess the drivers don't support the game at all. I'm a few versions behind.

Other than this has anyone had any similar experiences? One thing I noticed is that the game almost feels slower, the most obvious thing apart from missing my combos was the fact Makoto was saying her "Seichusen Godanzukii" slower, implying something isn't right.Although it did sound pretty funny. If needs be I'll record a video to show what I mean when I get home tonight. Any advice welcome.

Incase anyone wants specs:

i5 760 @ 4.2Ghz
    4GB Ram
    GTX480
    OCZ Vertex 2
    Windows 7
    AE 2K12: Sakura
    SFxT: Law/Heihachi
    Disable vsync and put framerate on fixed.
    紅赤朱
  • FirecottonFirecotton kick ass!!1one Joined: Posts: 213Registered
    AE seems to crash sometimes if I use GFWL interface to write some messages etc. It often works, but when I try to close GFWL it crashes sometimes, anyone had the same issue yet?
    Also I can't invite players to a endless lobby because of the same problem, after I send the invite and close the window, AE crashes. ~.~

Does anyone also know how I unmap buttons with my TE stick? I only want to use 6 buttons, but the 2 ex buttons are also mapped and I can't seem to unmap them.
    SSFIV AE: Ibuki
    MvC3: Zero, Doom, Tron
    SFIII: Makoto
    Yes, it crashes sometimes to me too, thanks to GFWL. Crashed a few tiems when I was the tournament host, and it was very annoying.
    紅赤朱
    Two more bugs I ran across:

-On offline play, T. Hawk's command grabs sometime give no damage (sometimes rare, sometimes not). I do not know if this happens with the rest of the grapplers.

-Offline or Online, sometimes the red and black letters on the vs screen grow huge.
  • ilitiritilitirit Joined: Posts: 3,969Registered
    -Offline or Online, sometimes the red and black letters on the vs screen grow huge.
    Noticed this. My first impression was that it might be a driver issue, but it's a bug nonetheless.

You legend, sorted. Cheers man.
  • tenshoxxxtenshoxxx Face-to-Fist Technique Joined: Posts: 167Registered
    AE seems to crash sometimes if I use GFWL interface to write some messages etc. It often works, but when I try to close GFWL it crashes sometimes, anyone had the same issue yet?
    Also I can't invite players to a endless lobby because of the same problem, after I send the invite and close the window, AE crashes. ~.~

Does anyone also know how I unmap buttons with my TE stick? I only want to use 6 buttons, but the 2 ex buttons are also mapped and I can't seem to unmap them.

You can´t set the buttons to "no function" via the "Button Configuration" ? It worked for me.
    SSF4AE
  • FirecottonFirecotton kick ass!!1one Joined: Posts: 213Registered
    You can´t set the buttons to "no function" via the "Button Configuration" ? It worked for me.
    It did work now for some reason, I couldn't unmap the buttons at all at first.
    SSFIV AE: Ibuki
    MvC3: Zero, Doom, Tron
    SFIII: Makoto
  • bitkidbitkid BiTKiD Joined: Posts: 704Registered
    Well I installed it last night and tried it out, ran the benchmark and got a solid 120fps with vsync on so I thought "Awesome, we're all good to go". Checked the graphics settings and lowered shadow stuff and turned AA/AF off. Went to training mode just to mess around for 5 minutes and... well it's different. I couldn't do alot of combos, for shit. Took me ages to do Sak's cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, cr.mk xx sho yet two seconds before I was doing it perfectly over and over again on my xbox. Now I noticed it's limiting my frames to 60fps (it's a solid 60) whch is fine but I wonder if this is screwing things up. Going to update my graphics drivers when I get home as I noticed the game didn't have a 3D profile yet it is rated on the website so I guess the drivers don't support the game at all. I'm a few versions behind.

Other than this has anyone had any similar experiences? One thing I noticed is that the game almost feels slower, the most obvious thing apart from missing my combos was the fact Makoto was saying her "Seichusen Godanzukii" slower, implying something isn't right.Although it did sound pretty funny. If needs be I'll record a video to show what I mean when I get home tonight. Any advice welcome.

Incase anyone wants specs:

i5 760 @ 4.2Ghz
    4GB Ram
    GTX480
    OCZ Vertex 2
    Windows 7

Yes I noticed that there seems to be some amount of input lag that is probably the reason for issues like this. I don't know if it is specifically due to my stick (PS3 TE) but I noticed that it is a little bit harder to hit certain tight links. Would be nice if someone could measure it although with different configurations this might be hard to pin solely on the game.

I am running on a Core i7 3.0 ghz with a GeForce 485GTX and 6GB RAM and I get like 200FPS with AA and AF turned off (~120FPS with it turned up to the max).
    Dat shit's hoopz n yo-yos dawg!
  • AquamarineAquamarine ɹǝqɯǝɯ ʍǝu Joined: Posts: 4Registered
    The patch is live now and I updated. The Mayflash problem still exists. Will check the UI issue later.

Note: The Hori PS3 wireless stick apparently had the same issue (identical behaviour with the windows config thing): http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/pc-ssf4-ae-keyboard-players-alert-or-keyboard-players-in-general.140412/#post-5535561 http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/pc-ssf4-ae-keyboard-players-alert-or-keyboard-players-in-general.140412/#post-5536802

Edit: While joy2key and xpadder didn't work, I finally got my stick to run with x360ce.
    Yes I noticed that there seems to be some amount of input lag that is probably the reason for issues like this. I don't know if it is specifically due to my stick (PS3 TE) but I noticed that it is a little bit harder to hit certain tight links. Would be nice if someone could measure it although with different configurations this might be hard to pin solely on the game.

I am running on a Core i7 3.0 ghz with a GeForce 485GTX and 6GB RAM and I get like 200FPS with AA and AF turned off (~120FPS with it turned up to the max).

Well this sorted it for me buddy:

It now runs perfect.
  • BomverBomver Joined: Posts: 1Registered
    So I'm having the problem that I can't connect to my friends endless lobby. Anyone got a clue how to fix this? Do I have to forward any ports?
  • LionxLionx Do the Stun Super! Joined: Posts: 925Registered
    Does anyone have issues with the game being slow as molasses until someone does their Ultra? Then it goes on super speed...

Fixed framerate, and benchmark says A. Everything on the offline end is perfectly fine.

EDIT: Nvm, for some reason VSync was the issue...thats wierd..
    CvS2: (C-Ryu, Terry, Rolento; K- Rolento, Geese, Kyo.) + Sagat/Cammy
    KoFXIII - Andy, Terry, Maxima ; BB: Tao >:3
    My IPlayWinner Article on CvS2: http://tinyurl.com/83dv74g
    High Level CvS2 vlog: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=Lionx
  • daiisukidaiisuki Joined: Posts: 49Registered
    I've talked this problem on capcom unity forum, and it seems that I'm not the only one.

So before the patch release, I played perfectly on SSF4AE PC without the use of the DVD to launch the game after install.

Now That I've downloaded the patch, I start the game as usual, then all the sponsors screens appears, introduction video then I'm connected with my GFWL account, and when the message (checking for downloadable content...) appears, the game crashes and returns to windows7 main window.

Now if I start the game with the DVD, it runs OK, but the game always crashes when I want to quit >_< !!

I have updated the drivers of my 3D card, direct X and GFWLive

Is there somebody that can explain this kind of crash ?
    Well, I've resolved the problem. In fact you just have to delete your profile from GFWL, and redownload it. It works fine now. But your save and PP and BP are back to 0 o_O !! Damns, 2400PP and 6300BP to get back, GANBARE MYSELF !!! XD
    Uh nevermind, PP and BP are BACK !!! But all trials, colors, taunts and Titles are reinitialized to 0

This would mean that the PP and BP file may be stored online with your account ;)
  • BrickubatBrickubat Joined: Posts: 2Registered
    Well, I've resolved the problem. In fact you just have to delete your profile from GFWL, and redownload it. It works fine now. But your save and PP and BP are back to 0 o_O !! Damns, 2400PP and 6300BP to get back, GANBARE MYSELF !!! XD

What do you mean by deleting and redownloading your GFWL profile? Help me out please, I really want to play..
  • jojo67000jojo67000 Joined: Posts: 1Registered
    Hello I've got a crash problem which haven't been solved by the patches
    only modes to work are Challenge and Benchmark, in other modes it crashes just before selection character screen
    NB : I did all possible config.ini modifications, and I downgraded all graphical & screen options
    directx, dotnetfx, vc++, graphic drivers and so on are updated
    I'm on Win xp SP Pro3 2goRAm AmD.2ghz Ge7900GTx, and SFIV was working fine until I desinstall it for SSFIVAE
    Thx
  • Storm ShadowStorm Shadow Joined: Posts: 34Registered
    Before the patch, the game was running flawlessly. My fps were rock solid all the time, and I was getting 93 fps on the benchmark. After the patch I am only getting 63 fps on benchmark, and the framerate dips and stutters during play. The patch screwed me royally. Has anyone else had a performance drop?
    "Physical strength is no substitute for perception. For perception is the key that unlocks the intangible power of the spirit. You perceive nothing!"
    --Ryuuken (Fist of the North Star)
    What do you mean by deleting and redownloading your GFWL profile? Help me out please, I really want to play..

When you start the game, when the GFWL window appears, do not connect to your account (deactivate the automatic connexion in case). Then delete your profile from the parameters and load the game without GFWL already installed account. It should open normally. Then quit the game and restart it. GFWL will appear again but you'll have to redownload your profile. Once done, the game will run with your account. Remember that all your titles, taunt, color and icons previously unlocked will be erased. Your PP and BP willl come back after you playe once online.
  • TerryBogardTerryBogard "Street Fighter" Joined: Posts: 75Registered
    I have a weird problem. I put arranged background music on in the options (so it theoretically should play the individual character themes), but it doesn't play, just the regular stage music. What am I doing wrong, can anyone please help? Legit copy of AE, own the disc and unlocked everything with the recently released unlocker (BIG thanks for that)
    I also noticed this. 100% bug. At the same time add that the window of a pause to the menu can move out. Moreover, the cursor will be in place.
    Make Sakura pregnant on 9 months in a red bikini or red underwear