Super Street Fighter IV AE PC BIG BUG THREAD | Post your AE PC issues here

1101112131416»

Comments

• The BreakerThe Breaker witchcraft works animu Joined: Posts: 1,458Registered
    you have to do it through your OS if your mic doesn't have a toggle of it's own
    I don't play games because I am a game.
  • ChocobunyChocobuny The Hell is a Safejump? Joined: Posts: 475Registered
    No, you can press the home button, click settings or options, click voice and then click mute mic.
    Dat Katy
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 828Registered
    another problem out of nowhere....
    this happens specifically in SF and SFxTekken, not other games.

when I run in windowed mode, game works fine.
    but when I switch to full screen mode, screen turns black but game runs normally with controls and sound. same happens when I run the game directly in full screen mode.

now here is the problem:

when I switch back to Windowed mode, screen continues to be black, not just the games but the whole Windows desktop!.
    even if I exit the game and go to Windows desktop. since
    I hear a notification sound when I switch to full screen but cant read it since screen goes black

even if I press ctrl,alt, del, nothing happens.
    system responds, eg I can turn it off by alt-f4 or click blindly on various applications to open them.

but screen remains black. only solution is to press the power button of the laptop, so it goes into standby mode. if I open it again, windows screen appears again.

This started out of nowhere. For months game worked fine. I had both the steam and the non-steam version.

I didnt use the steam version for a while and till yesterday non-steam version worked fine. when I tried to launch the steam version, this problem appeared.

I reinstalled directx from SF4 directory, but to no avail. game runs much slower in windowed mode

I use a laptop with Nvidia optimus.
    not good at any, mediocre at many
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 541Registered
    I can't login to GFWL anymore since 4 days. I checked the official XBox forums and it seems like I am not the only 1 with this issue.
    No response yet from there.
    Anyone knows how to fix this?
  • JulperoJulpero Joined: Posts: 343Registered

I can't login to GFWL anymore since 4 days. I checked the official XBox forums and it seems like I am not the only 1 with this issue.
    No response yet from there.
    Anyone knows how to fix this?

Same problem here. The odd thing is that on xbox.com it says that it should be working as usual now.
    Gfwl: jholtta
    Psn: julpro

ssf4 ae 2012: Yang, Rose, Gen
  • User_User_ Can't even block Joined: Posts: 21Registered
    I can get on GFWL fine, but I have a question: The game seems really internet-heavy, like, when I use something like pandora, it lags to the point where even arcade mode lags. IS there like some Online DRM or something?
  • LiangHuBBBLiangHuBBB Joined: Posts: 541Registered
    It worked again since today.
    Kinda off-topic, but how do I delete a post on these new forums? Thanks in advance.
    edited February 2013
    Works for me too except it's never been this laggy as it has been today..

Edit: It's still lagging. Switched to xbox live and the difference was like night and day. Worked perfectly.
    Post edited by Julpero on

• a aa a Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    Hi,

I have a question about using the Qanba Q4 with Steam big picture. There are settings to configure
    my controls for the Q4 but the problem is that I don't have enough buttons to assign for all the commands
    and therefore cannot save my configuration. Is there any way to get around this as I do not like using xpadder.

Thank you.
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 211Registered
    edited February 2013

Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is the right one, but I have a question. I'm thinking about getting the PC version of the game. I have a laptop with these specs:

eMachines g730

Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

Audio: AMD High Definition Audio Device

Is that okay to run SSF4AE? Or should I wait until I get a desktop PC? Systemrequirementslab.com says that my laptop can run it on minimal settings, but I would like an opinion from tech savvy people.

Currently playing as:
    MK9: Liu Kang, Cyrax - SF3: Dudley, Elena - SSF4AE: Guy, Juri, Dan
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Ms. Fortune - SFxT: Juri/Hwoarang, TTT2: Kunimitsu/Feng Wei
    Blazblue CSEX: Lambda/Hakumen - KOFXIII: K'/Kim/King
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • starstar Bleed for me! Joined: Posts: 261Registered

Hello. I'm not sure if this thread is the right one, but I have a question. I'm thinking about getting the PC version of the game. I have a laptop with these specs:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Is that okay to run SSF4AE? Or should I wait until I get a desktop PC? Systemrequirementslab.com says that my laptop can run it on minimal settings, but I would like an opinion from tech savvy people.

I had a similar laptop, HD 5470 graphics with a slightly  better CPU (i5 first generation) And I was able to run it with all details except motion blur on 1024x600 on 75 frames at the benchmark.
    In my case the graphics card was clearly the bottleneck, so your lower CPU should'nt be a problem.

If you a willing to play at this relatively low resolution there should not be a problem. And if you have a Radeon 5Xxx with the X being a 6 or higher, even 720p might be possible.
    PSN: star1138
    GFWL: thekingIGNORED
  • Vlad7779311Vlad7779311 Joined: Posts: 211Registered
    star said:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

I had a similar laptop, HD 5470 graphics with a slightly  better CPU (i5 first generation) And I was able to run it with all details except motion blur on 1024x600 on 75 frames at the benchmark.
    In my case the graphics card was clearly the bottleneck, so your lower CPU should'nt be a problem.

If you a willing to play at this relatively low resolution there should not be a problem. And if you have a Radeon 5Xxx with the X being a 6 or higher, even 720p might be possible.
    Forgot to write down that I also have Radeon HD 5470. I was copying and pasting details.
    Currently playing as:
    MK9: Liu Kang, Cyrax - SF3: Dudley, Elena - SSF4AE: Guy, Juri, Dan
    Skullgirls: Valentine/Ms. Fortune - SFxT: Juri/Hwoarang, TTT2: Kunimitsu/Feng Wei
    Blazblue CSEX: Lambda/Hakumen - KOFXIII: K'/Kim/King
    Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
  • starstar Bleed for me! Joined: Posts: 261Registered
    star said:

eMachines g730

3GB RAM

Windows 7 Home Premium

Forgot to write down that I also have Radeon HD 5470. I was copying and pasting details.
    Well in this case it should run on 1024x600 and look like the 360 version, except the explosions animation on a hit being a bit  raw (turning particle effects to "low").
    PSN: star1138
    GFWL: thekingIGNORED
    Alright I'm getting kind of desperate. I'm just going to copy / paste what I pasted on the steam user forums. Hoping someone here can help me.

This has been happening ever since I upgraded my graphics card to a ATI 7850. The game runs perfectly about 90% of the time, but I randomly get locked at 30 FPS mid match. The only fix is to pause the game, or alt tab the game. When I do that it runs fine.

Obviously this is a problem because neither of those options is available when playing online against someone. I know 100% my computer can run this game, I benchmark 200+ FPS. So it's some video issue causing the game to lock down to 30 FPS for some reason. There is a similar post in the SFxT forums regarding this issue. (http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2720924)

Anyone know how to fix it? My Frame Rate is set to Fixed and I have V-sync on.
    Dat Katy
  • M00nTigerM00nTiger Joined: Posts: 106Registered
    Turn vsync off
  • petran79petran79 Here comes an old challenger Joined: Posts: 828Registered
    regarding my issue some posts above, it was solved by creating a separate user account.
    Apparently some hidden files need to be deleted or modified but me and 99 % of users have no clue which they are. Only people in QLOC know.
    next time I'll send them an email
    not good at any, mediocre at many
  • 7 5 07 5 0 Joined: Posts: 223Registered
    Quick question, does the steam version of AE have the latest update patch 1.07? 
    M00nTiger said:
    Turn vsync off
    Without Vsync I get horrible screen tearing, it really throws me off.
    Dat Katy
  • M00nTigerM00nTiger Joined: Posts: 106Registered
    Chocobuny said:
    M00nTiger said:
    Turn vsync off
    Without Vsync I get horrible screen tearing, it really throws me off.
    It's still better than having less than 60fps. When you're in a match, you won't even notice it anyway.
    Seem to have somewhat fixed it. Disabled V - sync, and play in windowed mode.

Sidenote: Anyway to remove the windows border from the game when playing in a window?
    Dat Katy
    Argh nevermind. Just used Fraps to watch my performance. Says I'm running at a steady 60 FPS the entire time, no drops or anything in battle. But the same thing is happening, I can visibly see the game looking weird, almost like its skipping frames. I am at my wits end on this!
    Dat Katy
  • SerrisSerris ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Joined: Posts: 337Registered
    7 5 0 said:
    Quick question, does the steam version of AE have the latest update patch 1.07? 
    Yes, it's been at 1.07 for a while now.
    Steam | YouTube | PlayStation Network ID: Herple-Derples
    Chocobuny said:
    Argh nevermind. Just used Fraps to watch my performance. Says I'm running at a steady 60 FPS the entire time, no drops or anything in battle. But the same thing is happening, I can visibly see the game looking weird, almost like its skipping frames. I am at my wits end on this!
    Oh yeah I know what you're talking about. I've noticed it as well. Seems like there's slowdown but the frame counter doesn't even budge during what seems like slowdown. I think I get that on consoles too but not as much.

One thing I have to ask though is that do you have motion blur on? It blurs frames so it looks horrible and messes up my reactions.