El Paso Texas Blood Sweat Cheers!

Comments

• JCLJCL Senior Member Joined: Posts: 1,056Registered
    I'm hosting Wednesday again this week. Sorry for the inconvenience. I know some peeps have early school.

So Gamenight is Wednesday starting at 7 pm. See you here!

Chris, what's your #?
    That's real talk....
  • geo00geo00 Joined: Posts: 63Registered
    "I'd like to but..." - "people already involved are just too good" - "I'll get my ass kicked all the time".

i haven't posted in a long time, but this is one the reason i kinda stopped showing up as well. i was just way to awful and just wasn't fun for me to get my ass kicked all day so i just stuck to playing with some online friends or playing starcraft, a game i actually win in.

i do want to get involved more with the el paso scene, though i have no working console right now so that doesn't help. when i have more time hopefully i can start playing/practicing more often because i do enjoy me some fighting games.
  • PerthoPertho Me on the left. Joined: Posts: 7,709Registered
    I'm hosting Wednesday again this week. Sorry for the inconvenience. I know some peeps have early school.

So Gamenight is Wednesday starting at 7 pm. See you here!

Chris, what's your #?

Posted it on the facebook page. Hope you don't mind.
  • Fury XFury X U R 2 EZ 4 ME Joined: Posts: 385Registered
    Getting some mahvel games in tonite online... if anybody is send me a message cleanabledeer03 on the 3 shitty xbox live

Sent from my M9300 using Tapatalk
    A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need tmoz-screenshot.pnghe advice.
  • Lahkesisfgc85Lahkesisfgc85 AE Ver. 2013? Joined: Posts: 26Registered
    i haven't posted in a long time, but this is one the reason i kinda stopped showing up as well. i was just way to awful and just wasn't fun for me to get my ass kicked all day so i just stuck to playing with some online friends or playing starcraft, a game i actually win in.

i do want to get involved more with the el paso scene, though i have no working console right now so that doesn't help. when i have more time hopefully i can start playing/practicing more often because i do enjoy me some fighting games.

There you go guys. People are out there wanting to be part of this.
    PSN: Lahkesis85
    Twitter: @lahkesisfgc85
    Dammit they need to fix this site.

I totally understand the getting your ass beat view. I'm not mocking you guys. I went through that too. I learned that It's important to start to know WHY your are losing.

Maybe you suck at spacing? You don't know a low roundhouse from a low forward. Maybe its your defense? You don't know when to hit buttons or move? Or maybe your decisions are too risky or not risky enough etc,etc.

It can be hard not knowing why you're losing sometimes if you don't simplify it. There is alot to think about in this game but everything can be improved.

Ofcourse all that takes time and effort. That means coming to meetings, practicing and studying. But, maybe you just want to hang out with other players.

Then come over too:)

PS. I hope I can house everyone:/
    That's real talk....
  • sergiosergio BE PERFECT Joined: Posts: 247Registered
    i dont think im going to be able to go chuys from now on :( i work overnight 9pm to 5am tues-sat... sux days off are sunday monday! ugh i guess its back to playing online
    K.O.
  • vegeta123vegeta123 Joined: Posts: 61Registered
    WELL I JUST WANNA SAY THANKS GUYS FOR COMING AND SUPPORTING THE TOURNEY. NOZDOR NO PROBLEM BRO. YEAH HOPEFULLY THEY'LL LET ME THROW ANOTHER ONE CUZ NO ONE SHOWED UP. FERNEY IS THE ONLY ONE WHO SHOWED FOR IT SO MAD PROPS TO THE SCENE. ANYWAYS THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT GUYS!
    If you throw another tourney let people know i go to chuy's and didnt know bout it and were fiesta lanes cause some people like me are not from around here.Next time do it during the weekday not a weekend single people will go and party then to spend time playing a game 2 Months in advance go to gamestop and leave flyers.Send messages through xbox live or psn try to make it on Tuesday or Wednesday instead of going to Chuy's we can go over there.

i Think to be honest is man up and take beatings i lost to Eric 10-0 in UMVC3 or havent been able to beat Mike even though he chooses random teams that for me is no excuse to drop the game and quit. Every single game takes skills and time to learn so im taking the time 100% on UMVC3 to get better see why im losing going to the lab learning TOD combos with my team,So when ever i play them again the score wont be as bad or you never know ill be able to take the win but practice makes perfect.
  • OmertaOmerta Joined: Posts: 169Registered
    New or bad players need to stop expecting to win. Wanting to win is fine, but it's just not gonna happen. If you're ass at a game then play to learn; playing to win will come naturally once you've gained enough information. Instead of going into matches trying to win, you need to think about the matches you lost, figure out why you lost, ask questions and start setting small goals. If you're free to jump ins in AE you need to go online and spend an entire set not trying to win, but trying to AA every motherfucker stupid enough to jump in on you. If you're getting thrown all day you need to down back and spend a set looking to tech throws (which will also make you aware of other tendencies). Playing to win is fine, but if you don't have the proper information or skill then you'll just be setting yourself up for failure which can frustrate a person to the point of wanting to quit. That's what I'm doing right now in marvel, and I'm seeing a lot of improvement.

Play to learn first, winning will come naturally when you've become good enough to earn it.
  • Kingdom3671Kingdom3671 Peace is a lie, there is only passion... Joined: Posts: 44Registered
    i need a ride if anyone can give me one it would b awesome
    Peace is a lie, there is only passion...
  • RageinnRageinn Demon Joined: Posts: 114Registered
    Fuck, this new SRK layout sucks :(
    "A big besote" -XtinaCMV
    i agree this shit is confusing lol
    K.O.
  • NozdorNozdor Joined: Posts: 109Registered
    lol...it is kinda confusing...damn
    is to white for you guys
    also
  • OmertaOmerta Joined: Posts: 169Registered
    What in the fucking shit did they do to the forums?
    edited February 2013
    Lol This is old school. I feel like I'm looking at the internet through my Dreamcast again. But I had some old bookmarks that are gone:(

Gamenight Tuesday 7:30pm
    That's real talk....
  • steeltoedloaferssteeltoedloafers Joined: Posts: 12Registered
    This layout is not good. Not at all.
    ahhh the dreamcast ... good stuff!!
    K.O.
    Thanks for coming guys!
    That's real talk....
  • RageinnRageinn Demon Joined: Posts: 114Registered
    GGs yesterday guys, good stuff
    "A big besote" -XtinaCMV
    ggs to all yesterday
    Omerta wrote: »
    What in the fucking shit did they do to the forums?
    lol
    Gamenight is Tuesday starting at 8pm.  I have a work dinner at 5:30pm but I should be back by then.

Also I have some surprises:) I hope
    That's real talk....
    :( wish i could go! .. wont be able to make it anymore man .. SUX! i work at 9pm to 5am everyday with sunday and mondays off 
    K.O.
  • NozdorNozdor Joined: Posts: 109Registered
    JCL said:
    Gamenight is Tuesday starting at 8pm.  I have a work dinner at 5:30pm but I should be back by then.

lol nice. I'll try and make it today but work is being a biiiiitch :'(. BTW who is going to EVO? so we can hang out a bit over there! 

Peace~~
    Nozdor said:
    JCL said:

lol nice. I'll try and make it today but work is being a biiiiitch :'(. BTW who is going to EVO? so we can hang out a bit over there! 

Peace~~
    you already know im going :)
    K.O.
    JCL said:

what are the surprises!?!?!?! 
    K.O.
    A new LED 32" HD tv with headphones.

I finally got the headphones working with surround sound going on too!

It's purty cool.  The TV plays fine.  Although I am a bit disappointed that the PS3 has to rear it's ugly head.  I could feel the PS3 input lag even on the CRT but now it's a little more apparent.

Last night I hooked up my Xbox to the TV and it played super smooth.  So I know it's not the TV but the console..sigh.  Oh well the jump to full HD has been made.

I hope you guys like it.
    That's real talk....
    JCL said:
    A new LED 32" HD tv with headphones.

I finally got the headphones working with surround sound going on too!

It's purty cool.  The TV plays fine.  Although I am a bit disappointed that the PS3 has to rear it's ugly head.  I could feel the PS3 input lag even on the CRT but now it's a little more apparent.

Last night I hooked up my Xbox to the TV and it played super smooth.  So I know it's not the TV but the console..sigh.  Oh well the jump to full HD has been made.

I hope you guys like it.
    nice man thats damn cool ...damn ps3 sux sometimes .. i have a 42 plasma screen and nothing seems to lag and its damn crisp too.. but sweet stuff chuy!! 
    K.O.