Modok online

WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm YourselfJoined: Posts: 1,662Registered
Just curious, not that the matches would be that great anyway, but maybe if people want to experiment or something. What MODOKS want to get some games in the Northeast USA? I know, I know, it's online, but most MODOKS I run into online hardly know how to play him at all.

Comments

• Earthbound 360Earthbound 360 Joined: Posts: 18Registered
    I play Modok online. I'm about to get some live matches with a friend of mine, but I think we can get a few. Ill message you when. My GT is Mikman360, I'm in Maryland.
  • batmanuelbatmanuel Joined: Posts: 137Registered
    Well I've been out of the FGC for awhile now since I moved to Hawaii and just recently picked up UMVC3. I'm looking to try to get back into things with people on xbox live and I thought this would be a great thread for people who want to practice online.

Anyway, here's my info:
    Xboxlive: simplexgore4337
    modok/deadpool/???
  • kensanitykensanity Joined: Posts: 1,302Registered
    i live on guam so maybe you and I will have a stronger connection than people on the mainland. I "play" MODOK although I would simplify my play to A) zone with barrier and beam B) exchange into cube combos C) get random opener into launch, relaunch, random finisher

But if that is something you'd like to play against add me xbl : kswizzleonlive
    Well I've been out of the FGC for awhile now since I moved to Hawaii and just recently picked up UMVC3. I'm looking to try to get back into things with people on xbox live and I thought this would be a great thread for people who want to practice online.

Anyway, here's my info:
    Xboxlive: simplexgore4337
    modok/deadpool/???
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023Registered
    MODOK online?

BAHAHAHAHAAA

Oh wait

HAHAHAHAHAA

In all seriousness, I am way too bad to play with any of you. I am getting better, though.
    i live on guam so maybe you and I will have a stronger connection than people on the mainland. I "play" MODOK although I would simplify my play to A) zone with barrier and beam B) exchange into cube combos C) get random opener into launch, relaunch, random finisher

But if that is something you'd like to play against add me xbl : kswizzleonlive

hey i sent you an invite kensanity. my xbox live is simplexgore4337. Whoever that modok was that I played from mexico, your modok was good man. That phoenix wright + hsien-ko combo is annoying but very effective. I can't believe PW has a better shield than modok :(
    MODOK online?

BAHAHAHAHAAA

Oh wait

HAHAHAHAHAA

In all seriousness, I am way too bad to play with any of you. I am getting better, though.

you should just play bro, how else are you going to get better? plus, you can totally steal people's tech with modok. no better way of learning then having it done on you :)
    you should just play bro, how else are you going to get better? plus, you can totally steal people's tech with modok. no better way of learning then having it done on you :)
    Yeah but online is horrible. its just so execution intensive i dont know if playing modok online in a lag environment helps or hurts execution. i love to play other modoks to see what techs they have tho
  • WorstPlayerWorstPlayer Calm Yourself Joined: Posts: 1,662Registered
    You know what? I played Vongo1a and had some pretty good matches, his MODOK is solid, he just has to move around more. With a little better awareness I think he can take me. I was able to hit most of my lazy combos. (I'm almost always lazy when I player versus people. I really need to go for more damage.
    I tend to keep meter for my patented Skrull spam.

GG's Batmanuel btw, it was 5:40 AM when we started playing here on the east coast. I was just trying to squeeze in a few before work. Kind of surprised you left Magneto. Granted lag may mess up his advanced stuff since you're from Hawaii. I didn't think the connection was that bad tho. I must say I wasn't quite ready for your dreaded U/B strategy. All I could think was NOOOO he's running to the other side of the screen must catch him! You even broke most of my throw attempts which was disheartening Solid use of anti airing me with multiple lights. I HATE this part of the game too lol, mainly because it never registers in my brain to spam it. It's the old school in me I'm afraid. You just don't do that in other games. I really should tho, since you converted and killed my MODOK a lot because of it.

Basically I've learned from Vongo1a that I need to stop being lazy, and from Batmanuel, to stop being impatient or rather change my bloody team. Takes to much work to catch runners with MODOK without a decent projectile assist.

ggs guys!
  • El_MaizEl_Maiz You can never tell with that guy Joined: Posts: 3,023Registered

I'm still working on my blocking, so playing online will just frustrate me.

This is pretty much my first fighting game that I've really been getting into.
  • owoowo :3 Joined: Posts: 248Registered
    Whoever that modok was that I played from mexico, your modok was good man. That phoenix wright + hsien-ko combo is annoying but very effective. I can't believe PW has a better shield than modok :(
    That would be me :sweat:. Thanks for the matches, your Modok was really good too :) I just wish I had better connectivity... I can't imagine how hard it is to transition from smooth offline to laggy online, specially if that's all you used to play. I can only say that you'll get used to it. Just don't practice with lag in training mode! It messes a lot of stuff up, at least for me.
    And yeah, I couldn't believe PW's was better, but then again Modok has more options (mobility and damage wise) and he doesn't necessarily need the shield. PW's shield, on the other hand, is almost the only thing that keeps the lawyer alive.
    PSN: SleepAnglerfish (now available!)
    XBL: FrogAtelopus
  • Vongo1aVongo1a Dr Expendable Joined: Posts: 172Registered
    Holidays are over. Hopefully we can have modok lobbies this new year
    If you want to see how smart you are Click Here
    Yeah good matches bro. lag was tolerable for hawaii vs mexico lol. I just couldn't do combos. Yeah your team takes some getting used to. It definitely changes the pace of the match having to react to both gold hsien-ko and gold phoenix wright.

That would be me :sweat:. Thanks for the matches, your Modok was really good too :) I just wish I had better connectivity... I can't imagine how hard it is to transition from smooth offline to laggy online, specially if that's all you used to play. I can only say that you'll get used to it. Just don't practice with lag in training mode! It messes a lot of stuff up, at least for me.
    And yeah, I couldn't believe PW's was better, but then again Modok has more options (mobility and damage wise) and he doesn't necessarily need the shield. PW's shield, on the other hand, is almost the only thing that keeps the lawyer alive.
    s b
    You know what? I played Vongo1a and had some pretty good matches, his MODOK is solid, he just has to move around more. With a little better awareness I think he can take me. I was able to hit most of my lazy combos. (I'm almost always lazy when I player versus people. I really need to go for more damage.
    I tend to keep meter for my patented Skrull spam.

GG's Batmanuel btw, it was 5:40 AM when we started playing here on the east coast. I was just trying to squeeze in a few before work. Kind of surprised you left Magneto. Granted lag may mess up his advanced stuff since you're from Hawaii. I didn't think the connection was that bad tho. I must say I wasn't quite ready for your dreaded U/B strategy. All I could think was NOOOO he's running to the other side of the screen must catch him! You even broke most of my throw attempts which was disheartening Solid use of anti airing me with multiple lights. I HATE this part of the game too lol, mainly because it never registers in my brain to spam it. It's the old school in me I'm afraid. You just don't do that in other games. I really should tho, since you converted and killed my MODOK a lot because of it.

Basically I've learned from Vongo1a that I need to stop being lazy, and from Batmanuel, to stop being impatient or rather change my bloody team. Takes to much work to catch runners with MODOK without a decent projectile assist.

ggs guys!

Yeah, that was some good matches. It's so hard to react to skrull teleports because by the time i see it there's no way to block because of the lag factor. Yeah, i was doing a lot of the u/b dash upwards to get it into muscle memory and call assists down bellow and rush in when opponent isn't expecting the assist call. but yeah, I had to switch away from mags because it was impossible to do combos outside of the corner. that and I wanted to try my different teams and see which one would work with the lag.

Nice modok though, I can't believe you got some of those combos off with that lag. And yeah, I never realized how annoying it is to fight another modok players. I know what he's capable of and my modok died a lot when I was impatient. Yeah, MODOK jabs are godlike bro. I use them on my friends rush down chars like magneto and even beats out zero if timed correctly. Yeah, I understand about the old school-ness. There's things I'm trying to drop too but I guess I just go on auto-pilot way too fast.

Anywho, good games man
    True, True, yah I got a decent LAGDOK but if you noticed I kept my combos hello simple. Relied on resets. I have a habit of keeping my supers for Cap and Skrull. Lag was def a factor though, I don't know if I got my multiple cube combo on either of you but that's supposed to happen after any throw 0_o I just can't do it online all the time. (Doesn't help that this pad sux.)

We really should try a LAGDOK room sometime, but we're mad spread out. Oh and for the record I had the most wins in all my matchups ;)
    I kid, I kid :D
  • ManyeahtruManyeahtru Joined: Posts: 45Registered
    MrOuijaII on XBL

i NEVER run into ANY MODOKS online so the only time i get to see some work is when i use him randomly.. wouldnt mind seeing a modok that has had some work poured into him
    Sure I'll add you, online is my primary venue sadly. There's meetups my way but I work WAY to much. That being said, weekends or late night I'm mainly on. East Coast though....so beware. I'll play lagdok but not laaaaaaagdok.
  • LTPLTP Joined: Posts: 477Registered
    I like to think I have a decent MODOK, but he still needs a lot of work. I'm trying to get my MODOK to reach a competitive level, so I need to face other MODOKs and see what they're doing so I can steal their tech lol. I'm in the northeast and if you see me online, I'm always up for some games.

XBL: Lt Play Doh
    Awesome tag, I know.
    Word, I'll add all you doks, maybe the DOK room will be a reality. Someone will join and then see pigs flying out the window hahahaha
  • SinderSinder Joined: Posts: 123Registered
    look at all these DOKs

looks like we need some Docs too

GT: Dreadmaniac
    I will gladly play any DOKS from here.
  • owoowo :3 Joined: Posts: 248Registered
    I want to play too :looney:

GT: FrogAtelopus

I wanted to add you, WorstPlayer, but I can't seem to get you game tag right...
    PSN: SleepAnglerfish (now available!)
    XBL: FrogAtelopus
    Odd just vowel "eyes" with WorstPlayer inside. So Bro-Doks, chances are I'll be on this evening. Look for me.
  • Nos99Nos99 Science Scrub Joined: Posts: 3,583Registered
    It's "I WorstPlayer I" ;)

Mine is "BestKindBoxer"... I never play online though because it's so laggy and I drop everything (and because I suck and lose literally 99% of the time o_O).

But I might join a LAGDOK lobby with you guys if you're online, I'm way up in Canada so it's guaranteed to be laggy too! hehe
  • CavemanCaveman Mashing on throw Joined: Posts: 354Registered
    Anyone on PSN or are most MODOKs on Live?
    I'm boxin' myself. Yeah online is not optimal, but I have my lag fingers so I'm good lol! Thankfully I can turn them off for offline and still work it. Not like Marvel isn't like the most lenient game in existence...well except when it comes to Nosbos hehe
    Yo are gamertags case sensitive and/or allows spaces? I'm trying to add some of you guys but it keeps saying gamertag don't exist.

That's towards mrouijall and lt play doh.

Anyway, feel free to add meh: simplexgore4337
    Think they are mate honestly, I had similar issues.
    I like to think I have a decent MODOK, but he still needs a lot of work. I'm trying to get my MODOK to reach a competitive level, so I need to face other MODOKs and see what they're doing so I can steal their tech lol. I'm in the northeast and if you see me online, I'm always up for some games.

XBL: Lt Play Doh
    Awesome tag, I know.

Honorable mention here. This guy whooped my arse, although we were practically 50/50 most of the night he's got combos and he can do them in lag. It kind of didn't make sense that I was winning at all. It came down too who killed who killed who's DOK first for the most part. Granted I had to go through hell against Derp Doom which evened it out often when I killed your DOK first it kind of trended this way. (No offense to you, but DOOM is derp lol) His DOK touches you? you die, like it should be. His Doom touches you, you die, like it should be. His Sentinel touches you, you die, like it should be lol! I'd say the only weak link on your team was your Sentinel, but as they say if Sentinel is your last character you SHOULD lose. I lost to him whenever I decided to do anything but U/B lol!

If I had any suggestions it would be to try different approaches with your DOK, SPIKE is good but I really didn't try to stop it. DOK standing A's beat it clean most of the time. (I'm on a pad and suck on it outside of training room, that's why so much BBCS from me.) You started coming up with good DOK technology in the corner on the fly towards the end. (Well you noticed I liked to throw a lot and started flying into spikes to stop it lol) Frankly I think a few crazy legs would have opened me up right away I know they're not ideal but dont shy away from them.

I know you liked the psionic blaster game. I had to try and keep Sentinel from coming out lol! My team is soooOOOo bad, any projectile assist makes me do way to much work. Maybe I should just start Skrull that way I can back him up with beam assists keep the team and force more decisions at the beginning of the match. Cap anchor tho? Hmmmm.

Sides that, gg's!
    Honorable mention here. This guy whooped my arse, although we were practically 50/50 most of the night he's got combos and he can do them in lag. It kind of didn't make sense that I was winning at all. It came down too who killed who killed who's DOK first for the most part. Granted I had to go through hell against Derp Doom which evened it out often when I killed your DOK first it kind of trended this way. (No offense to you, but DOOM is derp lol) His DOK touches you? you die, like it should be. His Doom touches you, you die, like it should be. His Sentinel touches you, you die, like it should be lol! I'd say the only weak link on your team was your Sentinel, but as they say if Sentinel is your last character you SHOULD lose. I lost to him whenever I decided to do anything but U/B lol!

If I had any suggestions it would be to try different approaches with your DOK, SPIKE is good but I really didn't try to stop it. DOK standing A's beat it clean most of the time. (I'm on a pad and suck on it outside of training room, that's why so much BBCS from me.) You started coming up with good DOK technology in the corner on the fly towards the end. (Well you noticed I liked to throw a lot and started flying into spikes to stop it lol) Frankly I think a few crazy legs would have opened me up right away I know they're not ideal but dont shy away from them.

I know you liked the psionic blaster game. I had to try and keep Sentinel from coming out lol! My team is soooOOOo bad, any projectile assist makes me do way to much work. Maybe I should just start Skrull that way I can back him up with beam assists keep the team and force more decisions at the beginning of the match. Cap anchor tho? Hmmmm.

Sides that, gg's!
    we really should get a MODOK channelup. i have a hauppauge and would gladly spectate to record some matches. sounds like a good session
    But, but, that will expose me as a fraud : ( (Seriously I am, look at my license card sometime lol)

In all seriousness though as I'm probably the most active challenger here so I'd rank the lagdoks as so according to my first LAGdok impression so don't take it to serious:

0. Kensanity - I can tell he can play, but he has a yellow connection with me and he's in MD? Dude that connection what's going on with that lol! So 0 meaning, I have no idea how good he really is. Good chickening into the corner and mashing for throw, seems like you tried that a lot in the tournament your were in. Good thing MODOK isn't a fast character but watch out if MODOK cancels to fly you get shield and get spiked.

1. Lt Play Doh - solid gameplan, good team, great execution, has some spacing issues, prone to be thrown.
    1.5 WorstPlayer - solid gameplan, bad team, bad execution, good spacing, gets eaten alive in the corner, throws too much.
    2. Batmanuel - solid gameplan, solid execution, has some spacing issues, prone to be thrown.
    3. Vango1a - gameplan needs work, appears to have movement issues, good spacing, gets opened up from above.
    4. MrOuija - appears to have just got the game. Left after like 5 games, but I don't blame him.

All in all, noones really BAD per say, just what I noticed trended in the match imo. I think the only thing that kept me alive versus
    Play Doh was my spacing which he wasn't bad at, at all. We may have been rather 50/50 but if you're relatively even with someone
    but you can touch of death and they rely on resets. You will win in the long run. It was also cool seeing how our Doks dealt with each
    others 2nd and 3rd character. Lt had an answer for my cap (who is kind of meh I'd admit) but not my Skrull so much with DOK. His
    Doom put me through hell while Sentinel not so much. While I did well against Batmanuel I barely squeezed
    my wins out most of the time. My team isn't built very well for chasing and he's much more of a zoner. When you catch a zoner though
    it's curtains. Just how the game was built.

I'd like to see bat and play doh play tho.
  • LTPLTP Joined: Posts: 477Registered

Sides that, gg's!
    Thanks for the good feedback and gg's! I know I really should find better ways to approach, but I just find it difficult somehow. Unfortunately, I rely too much on superjump, dash, and spike, or having missiles or drones hit, rush in, and go for a high, low, or a throw if they are grounded (but I always forget I have those options and go high :( ). I usually set up by superjumping, throwing out a homing bomb, call an assist while projectiles fly everywhere until the assist hits, rush in when the assists hits and throw out a shield and repeat if I'm too far away. And since most people play rush down and get very impatient with all the lameness, they usually give me the combo I need to kill them. I really wish I could rushdown well with the DOK, but I just can't figure out what to do yet.

I have to agree about Doom lol. He's pretty derp and backed by drones... a lot of characters can't deal with that well. For some reason though, I usually can't do Doom's combos online. I guess I just have to practice more. The main problem in my team is Sentinel. I use him basically for the assist, since it's easy to land in combos for DOK and it makes Doom infinitely more painful to fight. I used to use Dante instead of Sentinel, but his nerfs made him a different character, so much so for me that I preferred doing Doom combos. I'm trying to find a character to replace Sentinel, but I'm having no luck. I'm possibly going to switch him out for Strange, but I'm not so sure. I really like using Chun, but you can probably guess how that goes, especially online. I'm not a big fan of using Doom on anchor either. If only Chun had drones...

And those psionic blaster mind games... that dok vs dok matchup is one of the craziest ones I've seen in this game for sure.

Honestly, I have no clue how to deal with skrull with DOK. Random grabs or meteor smashes scare the crap out of me. That's when I want Doom in too spam missiles to prevent the meteor smashes and have drones out to prevent the grabs. I also have no clue how you got sooooooo many grabs with DOK lol. I remember one point where you got like 5 grabs consecutively.

It was a lot of fun and I can't wait for a DOK lobby lol.