The RGV Thread - As South As South Can Get Part III

Comments

• furixfurix Joined: Posts: 1,524Registered
    Anyone here play kof xiii? Looking to play kof xiii competitively again, also play some arcana heart 3. I play with furix here in brownsville so anywhere in the valley is fine if anyone wants to hit up some games.

Yeah, like Alex said. Anybody playing? This thread seems to have slowed down a lot in the past year or so. I've mostly been out of the scene for the past year due to trying to bring up my GPA in college and what not. Anybody still playing here?
    KoF13, SSF4AE2012, UMVC3(I play a little, just recently picked it up again, I am bad and need a looot of practice), AH3, and the upcoming Persona 4 Ultimate.
    (I still play all old games and what not, too).
    Arcana Heart 3~
  • Demon JimDemon Jim I'm Cereal Joined: Posts: 4,154Registered, Moderators
    Damn sounds like the Austin SF Anniversary tournament was stacked. I just looked at the results and it seems the heavy hitters from everywhere came out for those games. Surprised Afro Legends came out for this tournament being as there is a qualifier in Cali.

I really wanted to go :( but all my money is tied into moving to my new apartment this week. Oh well.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
    Battle at the Border Tournament Director
  • F*CKTHESCENEF*CKTHESCENE Joined: Posts: 707Registered
    Your moving? Why man
    Because you know the location of my current residence. At the end of the week I'll be in my new I guess you could call it a town home but it is listed as a two bedroom apartment. I definitely want people over to play games, but once I finally get settled.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    "...but when he gets there, at the end of the day, it's just corn flakes." - Christopher Walken
  • furixfurix Joined: Posts: 1,524Registered
    Yeah that tournament was a blast.

I was a bit rusty since I hadn't played much in a while, but I had fun at it.
    Arcana Heart 3~
  • SS4 FrostySS4 Frosty Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    the valley has a legit fgc? that's too godlike! what are the closest thing to casuals or tournaments we have for umvc3?
    The scene has been around for 12+ years we just aren't in arcades anymore.

If you want casuals for UMvC3 definitely hit up Onion (F*CKTHESCENE) he has casuals for UMvC3 every Friday in Harlingen. He is always looking for someone to play and knows everybody who also plays that game. In the Edinburg/McAllen areas they have fight nights but I'm not sure what day, and there is some solid comp there. EVO is over but they did have tournaments what seemed to be like every 2-3 weeks for EIS. (EVO Initiative Series)

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • SS4 FrostySS4 Frosty Joined: Posts: 3Registered
    thanks man, i'll definitely look into all those and more.
    No problem and welcome to the community. We are very friendly and are usually willing to except anybody into our community. You will definitely make friends for sure and everybody is always willing to teach you if you want to learn. I see you are 15, age is no problem. Back when a guy named Luiz first joined the community years ago he was just a kid lol and there is a group that plays at TSTC that is mostly 17-19.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • UntitledprjectUntitledprject Nani? Joined: Posts: 114Registered
    I started at 14 with Marvel 2 and Luis pretty much taught me everything lol. 17 now and I think I can hold my own. Trust me we have an active scene here.

BTW DJ I think I saw you at the mall yesterday.

Anyone down for a sendoff tourny at Let's Play on the 19th? It's Lambo's birthday and the last day it's gonna be at the mall.
    "Top 8 material, even with pad" - Keninblack

PSN: Untitledproject
  • KombineKombine Best of the Worst Joined: Posts: 6Registered
    Hey all, I'm pretty mediocre at fighting games, but I love playing them. I mostly play UMvC3, but I also play others like KOF, BB, and some SF. I'm pretty much done with online, so I'm interested in looking for some offline competition. I live in Pharr and my PSN is Kombine47 if anyone wants to know.
    BTW DJ I think I saw you at the mall yesterday.

Anyone down for a sendoff tourny at Let's Play on the 19th? It's Lambo's birthday and the last day it's gonna be at the mall.
    Last time I went to the mall I was only at Sears cause I needed to buy a washing machine and that was two weeks ago.

Where is LP moving to? And I'm down for a moving tournament assuming I'm free. Isn't the 19th a sunday though?

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Hey all, I'm pretty mediocre at fighting games, but I love playing them. I mostly play UMvC3, but I also play others like KOF, BB, and some SF. I'm pretty much done with online, so I'm interested in looking for some offline competition. I live in Pharr and my PSN is Kombine47 if anyone wants to know.

You actually live right near a lot of players who play everything, you should have no problems finding a get together. I think a fight night is coming up this weekend in that area. Don't know the details though.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Yo they can't do a tournament this Sunday, from what I understand ray has to start getting everything down and pack it up since they are moving on monday
    Yo they can't do a tournament this Sunday, from what I understand ray has to start getting everything down and pack it up since they are moving on monday
    Where are they moving to?

-DJ-
    Just like that.

Where are they moving to?

-DJ-

They are moving down on Jackson street
    Happy birthday to Lambo! Not that he goes on here, but gonna be doing 18 unnecessary level 4's today for my bro.

Happy birthday lambo if he ever gets on here lol
  • kwfangkwfang Still the original kwfang Joined: Posts: 31Registered
    Man P4A is fun to bad most people i play against just autocombo to no end
    Training everyday to become a champ one day
    They are moving down on Jackson street

Wow basically down your street. Not much over there for kids. Jackson St. Jubilee should get some people in there though.

When do they open up again? We should have a marvel tournament to break in the place.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    They're gonna reopen on the 27th
  • Captan SovietCaptan Soviet Joined: Posts: 148Registered
    You guys know of any scene around Kingsville? Going to TAMUK there pretty soon. I play UMvC3, KOF13, P4A, and Skullgirls.
    Last I remember a lot of the people who play go to the University there. You might want to check out the gameroom there or whatever it's called when school starts and see if you see people playing. They do exist just gotta find them. All else fails hit up Corpus.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Bump for great measure.

Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is out today.

And I read something that there will be a Anime get together and tournament at the new LP location towards the end of the September. I don't know the exact day though so if someone knows please post it up.

-DJ-
    Just like that.
  • BIG BEEF!BIG BEEF! Joined: Posts: 1,633Registered
    29th??? I think who knows
    Dayum, this thread is dead, btw this Saturday let's play is having a tournament on the 29th, and a special 5v5 for umvc3,hope to see you guys there
    Marvel Origins out today. AHHH YEAHH!!! I played during my lunch and lost my first 2 ranked matches and then my xbox froze........:bluu: These new games have completely fucked up my way of playing old school Marvel. I started attacking in MvC like if I was play MvC3 and I was just wait what the hell am I doing......and I'm dead:wasted:

-DJ-
    Just like that.
    Lucky :(, won't be getting it till Monday to play
  • Waffle SlapperWaffle Slapper Better hide your waffles Joined: Posts: 101Registered
    Would you guys happen by any chance know of any upcoming RGV events? (specifically AE)