Psi-Art // 02.19 - Year of the Black Water Snake.

psilynpsilyn tao~Joined: Posts: 57Registered
edited February 2013 in Fan Art Gallery
Hi! I'm semi-new here, just felt like sharing some of my art rather than just lurking heh.
Most of the fighting game related artwork I have at the moment is from BlazBlue. However, I plan on doing a fair amount of MVC3 drawings in the near future! So if anyone has any requests/ideas, I'd love to hear them.

Updated 02.19.13

Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Street Fighter BlazBlue
Misc.
Post edited by psilyn on

Comments

• AOS-AOS- D-Plus Joined: Posts: 2,123Registered
    The Nu and Ragna displayed a great understanding of form and lineweight :)
    You like this post.
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, Manga, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,620Registered
    Top notch sketches man; Keep up the good work. And about that Misc. Piece; How long did that one take?
    **Fresh Music Select--Nas:'It Was Written...' full album stream
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:Ne0Cloak
  • psilynpsilyn tao~ Joined: Posts: 57Registered
    Thanks AOS- ! I've really been meaning to color that one..

And on the miscellaneous piece.. I did that as a gift for a friend's comic. I finished it over a few weeks.. Probably 20 hours or so? I believe that's my best colored piece so far. I definitely learned a lot. :) Thanks x_Sword~
    Did a 30 min X-23 sketch while at work last night! Unfortunately I didn't have a pencil sooo.. Done in pen. :) There are def a lot of mistakes haha. Enjoy~

ATP1Y.jpg
  • CI581CI581 Joined: Posts: 3,241Registered
    I really like the first one underneath the Misc. header!
  • Dreaded FistDreaded Fist Joined: Posts: 1,913Registered
    nice stuff! Flash's lips need to be more puckered though haha
  • DiavleDiavle Joined: Posts: 202Registered
    Awesome work, my fave is the smoking lady there.

You can almost feeling that smoke slowly escaping her mouth, damn.
  • Master ChibiMaster Chibi .: Dynamites! :. Joined: Posts: 14,913Registered, Moderators
    I love the way your work 'flows'.

It's hard to describe but it's dynamic and natural at the same time.

Great, great stuff~
    Thanks guys! :D And yeah.. I was told I made Flash too "pretty" haha.
    amecia.jpg

Sneak preview of a sketch I've been working on! I'm definitely having some issues with positioning Felicia but I'm sure I'll figure something out. :)
  • rookrook amused observer Joined: Posts: 1,564Registered, Moderators
    I have no idea who half of these chars are (I'm an old fart), but I can dig the art :)
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.
    http://rook-over-here.deviantart.com
    I have no idea who half of these chars are (I'm an old fart), but I can dig the art :)

I don't know half of them myself haha
    You like this post.
  • akuaku リアル邪王心眼 Joined: Posts: 3,666Registered
    Your style is vaguely familiar, but I can't seem to remember what it reminds me of.

But your coloring is incredible, and your sketches motivated me to crank out some more stuff. Can't wait to see more!

P.S.- Taokaka yeeeahhh sonnn~<3
    Rook - Wow thank you.. I'm in love with your sketches.. Please upload more. :D

Aku - Thank you so much! I had a post on dustloop for a brief amount of time if you frequent there. :) And I'm glad you like my coloring! I feel that my coloring is definitely one of the top things I need to work on, so it's good to hear that it isn't too horrible haha. I also stalked your threads, and you should upload more.. The Juri pic was amazing, and I really like your Chun li alternative outfit drawing from 2008. :)
    dormumu.jpg

Who dares defy the Dread Dormammu...

Just a quick update! Did this at work.. I find it a little ridiculous there isn't a single pencil here but oh well! Yellow and orange highlighters, red expo marker, and black sharpie. Edited in photoshop to fix a few things.
    That is sick. I love how vivid the colors are, it's something you can only get out of markers. Great job!
    Been missing awhile.. Took a lil break. Here are a few new warm-up sketches. Morrigan one obviously isn't done.. I'll probably color the Juri one at some point as well!

sketch001preview500x500.jpg

bbsketch002500x422.jpg
    Loooooove the Juri sketch, it's oozing personality. I also like how the Morrigan piece is turning out, quite clever.
    Thanks Aku! I've actually been trying really hard to draw more emotion and personality in my pieces.. I've noticed that most everyone is just :| faced hahahah.

arcadestick1000x629.jpg
    Some art for one of my sticks! Haven't actually replaced anything yet but someday u_u

And a few non-fighting game related sketches just for fun:

bbsketch003.jpg
    This was heavily inspired by Game of Thrones.. Been obsessing over the books, have yet to watch the HBO series! But yeah definitely thinking of Daenerys in this one. :)
    bbsketch004.jpg

( Yes I like the color orange )

Edit: Sneaking one more in here! A really rough in progress drawing of my Skyrim character! I have no idea if I'll finish this.. u_u
    ankhapreview900x875.jpg
    Some updates / in progress stuff since I'm slow and really never finish anything..

smehpreview.jpg
    Self-portrait I've been working on for awhile. Based off a dream.

taotaopreview.jpg
    Slight update on Tao drawing.

n08vr.jpg
    Skyrim drawing update! This drawing is actually kinda intimidating me now.. Got a lot to do!

cvipreview.jpg
    Very in progress C. Viper. u_u

stridera.jpg
    Doing a few quick sketches of my friends main/favorite UMvC3 characters! First upppp is Strider! ~40 min.
  • DK-DK- Joined: Posts: 8Registered

And a few non-fighting game related sketches just for fun:

bbsketch003.jpg

bbsketch004.jpg

All your art is amazing but these pieces are toooo sick. Do you have a tumblr because I want to reblog them, or maybe with your permission post them with credits obviously and a link to your personal site or something if you have one???
    Wow thank you! I don't have a tumblr, but I definitely wouldn't mind if you posted them. :) Only site I really direct people to is deviantart, which is http://ohamy.deviantart.com Glad you like em! My first shot with copic markers, granted I only had 2 lol..
    Number two out of the UMvC3 gifts! Nova!

sSsXz.jpg

God this one was hard.. Masks and armor are both horribly weak points for me. Men as well. u_u Sooo the hour sketch it was supposed to be got dragged out a bit! And oh man tons of references.. Hoping next time I attempt him it goes a bit smoother and the references are cut down.
  • samurai blacksamurai black Joined: Posts: 44Registered
    probably one of the better interpretations of novas helmet ive seen.
    i do this to annoy you
    samuraiblack.deviantart.com
  • DK-DK- Joined: Posts: 8Registered
    Wow thank you! I don't have a tumblr, but I definitely wouldn't mind if you posted them. :) Only site I really direct people to is deviantart, which is http://ohamy.deviantart.com Glad you like em! My first shot with copic markers, granted I only had 2 lol..

Sweet, thanks!

Man I really love that orange!
  • X_SwordX_Sword -+FGs, Art, Manga, and Beats+- Joined: Posts: 1,620Registered
    wow. nova is just...wow.
    **Fresh Music Select--Nas:'It Was Written...' full album stream
    --TurntheHeadphonesUp--
    Steam:Ne0Cloak
    Thanks guys! Glad Nova didn't turn out horrendous, kinda proud. ^^

PH6Mk.jpg

Quick sketch of Morrigan and coffeeeee.. Because srsly this is all I've been doing at work. Mmmmm coffee..

Edit 01.01 :

5bTml.jpg
    Another quick drawing..

OqlgA.jpg
    Another shot at my lovely Dormammu. 2 hours.
    edited February 2013
    xPB5P.jpg
    Suggestion after my other Morrigan drawing! Need to stop drawing shit at 4am lol. :(

7vZyL.jpg
    Update on my Felicia / Ammy drawing... Going ok so far, haven't really been able to get away from the hair.. Need to stop. @_
    Post edited by psilyn on
    lol Succubucks.

I'd work on the hair even more ;)
    You like this post.
  • rookrook amused observer Joined: Posts: 1,564Registered, Moderators
    haha nice one with the Starbucks / Succubus. I like the pic where she's holding the cuppa.
    square peg. round hole. large hammer.
    http://rook-over-here.deviantart.com