"I shall grind beneath my heel, all that exists!" Oni Combos Thread

FU RobertFU Robert Joined: Posts: 34Registered
Combos galore!
So to make this thread a little more organized, here's a compilation of all the combos posted here so far (if there are any mistakes, let me know) an FA after the combo for ultras notes that it's a full animation. I didn't find any of these, all credit to the discoverers.

Notes: if you're trying to FADC one of Oni's DPs, it has to be done on the second hit.
-TC2 means target combo (b.MP, HP)

No meter combos
s. lp, s. lp, s. lp, s. mp xx h. tatsu; 181/?

cr.short, st.jab, target combo, rh.tatsu

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.hp; 117/260

Jump in Fierce, Cr. Strong, Cr. Friece, HK Tatsu; 354/600

Jumpin TC1xx HP Shoryu; 290/470

Jumpin cr.short, cr. jab, cr. fierce xx HK tatsu; 251/490

Jumpin cr. short, cr. jab xx HP Shoryu; 252/430

st.jab x3, st mp xx RH tatsu; 229/330

cr.lk,cr.lp,cr.hpxxrh tatsu; 229/400

cr.lp, cr. mp, cr.hp xx RH tatsu; 213/280

st.jab, st.jab, st.jab, st. hp xx rh tatsu; 250/400

Cr. mp, tc2 xx lk dp; 275/383

st.lp x2, st.hp xx lk dp; 231/365

cr.lp, cr.lp, st.lp, TC2 xx DP or slash

cr. lp, cr. mp, TC2 xx l. slash; 261/?

cr. lp, cr. mp, cr. hp xx h. tatsu/h. SRK; 213/?

j. hp, TC2 xx h. SRK; 346/?

c.lk, c.lp, s.lp, TC2, your choice of finisher; ?/?

j.HP > c.MP > TC2 xx H.Tatsu; 370/?

cr.lp, b.mp, st.mp, Shoryu; 253/?

cr. lp, cr. mp, TC2 xx h. SRK; 296/?

cr. lp, cr. lp, cr. hp xx h. SRK; 234/?

1 meter

2 meter

cr.short, st.jab, target combo, fireball, fadc, cr.strong, target combo, rh.tatsu (high stun)

Jumpin HP, Cr. mp, Cr. HP, LK slash, FADC, Cr. MP, TC2 xx HP DP; 472/774.

Cr. MP, Cr. HP, LK slash, FADC, Cr.MP, TC2 xxHP DP; 428/664

j.HP, s.HP, LK Slash xx FADC, c.HP xx HK Tatsu/HP SRK; 465/780

j.HK, cr.MP, cr.HP, H. Hadouken -> FADC -> cr.MP -> cr.HP -> H. Tatsu; 419/770*might be corner only

cr.lk, cr.lp, cr.HP xx L.Slash xx FADC, s.lp, TC2 xx L. down fist

TC2, LK Demon Slash, FADC, HP DP; 378 dmg/470 stun

3 meter

4 meter
j.HP, c.HP, LK Slash, FADC, c.HP, LK Slash, FADC, c.HP, HP srk or HK tatsu = 539/930

j.HP, s.HP, LK Slash xx FADC, c.HP, LK Slash xx FADC, c.HP xx HK Tatsu/HP SRK; 550 dmg/930

Corner combos

TC2 > EX Tatsu > U2; 429/370

electric fireball, U1; ~400/?

electric fireball, U2; ~350/?

j.hp, st.hp xx EX hado, st.lp xx EX tatsu, U1; 550/635

j.hp, st.hp xx lk slash FADC, cr.hp xx EX hado, cr.lp, EX tatsu U1 566/809

U1 Combos
Ex slash, U1

mk tatsu, lvl2 focus cancel, dash, U1; ?/? (FA) if your combo can use a tatsu, this should work as an ender (I.E., lp, lp, lp, mk tatsu, lvl 2 FA, dash, U2)

DP (any strength, it wasn't specified), FADC forwards, U1

U2 Combos
EX slash, U2

mk tatsu, lvl2 focus cancel, dash, U2; 440/? (FA) same note as above

lvl.2 FA, late LK slash, U2; 491/270 (FA)

AA lk tatsu/AA LK slash, U2 (FA); 530/270

Comments

• FU RobertFU Robert Joined: Posts: 34Registered
    A few BNBs:

cr.short > st.jab > target combo > rh.tatsu

With 2 meter cr.short > st.jab > target combo > fireball > fadc > cr.strong > target combo > rh.tatsu (this is almost full stun)

Full meter w/ultra you can do fun stuff that just looks flashy like j.fp > cr.strong > target combo > fireball > fadc > (cr.strong > target combo > fireball > fadc)x2 > ultra 1 or 2 full animation
  • AzuroAzuro MK9: Reptile Joined: Posts: 1,142Registered
    With 2 meter cr.short > st.jab > target combo > fireball > fadc > cr.strong > target combo > rh.tatsu (this is almost full stun
    Jesus...how much stun does the fireball and tatsu do???? O_O
    www.testyourmight.com
  • mowrmowr RUMBLE! Joined: Posts: 2,292Registered
    I suspected Oni would be doing lots of stun, and whilst this is in no way confirmed it would make sense, to make up for the fact that he doesn't have very reliable ways of opening you up and a non-traditional zoning game.

Kind of like how Gouken can do revolting damage to make up for the fact that he doesn't have any good confirms.

If the bnb's you're posting are legit, I'm really surprised that the target combo can land after a jab and a short.
    I need to get back into the game.
  • ThePandaThePanda Laviticus? Joined: Posts: 345Registered
    If the bnb's you're posting are legit, I'm really surprised that the target combo can land after a jab and a short.

It works, cr.strong is a better starter, because short > jab will cause a lot of dr compared to a single cr.strong. Also target combo is just about the same speed as jab.

::Someone called in sick to work this week so I havent had a chance to go to the arcade, so hopefully monday night i can go and try some things im thinking of, mostly kara throw setups and combo potential of different normals, like f+forward, f+strong, and cl.rh
    Taking that damage to get Ultra

Live by the sword, Die by the sword
  • takinflighttakinflight Victory Declaration Joined: Posts: 1,490Registered
    i want to use him more but DAMN everyone is playing cuthroat @ AE....hard to learn stuff....
    anyhow his demon flip overhead palm cancels to air tatsu...i dont know what the moves called someone correct me please. thought id share
    :zzz:

ADD ME AND GET AT ME!!!!!!!!!!!
    NORCAL....
  • gaosergaoser MY DAWTERS R SO PRTY Joined: Posts: 814Registered
    I'm really surprised that the target combo can land after a jab and a short.

Oni can link anything into anything.

He can link 2x st.jab into roundhouse or fierce
    -- "having aduken is advantageous, using aduken is chicken, and abusing aduken is winning." - brucelee-kid
  • The Electrifying OneThe Electrifying One Coming4EVO Joined: Posts: 1,269Registered
    so whats this target combo you refer to, the back+strong, fierce one? I cant make sense of the combos posted because I'm not sure if you're referring to the target combo as this... if so you're saying that back+strong combos off standing jab and crouch strong? Sounds like he'll have some NASTY combos off any jump in, or basically any lucky tap... even a mashed crouch jab will link into standing jab then target combo, fireball, FADC Ultra...

so please confirm what you refer to as target combo.
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
    Capcom Exec and co-producer of Streetfighter 2 in interview with Sega Saturn Magazine, 1998:
    "The Days when people really loved playing computers games has ended. This is mainly because of Sony. Sony has created a new era of light users who consider games to be just an everyday form of general entertainment- nothing special. The kind of games we used to see from Nintendo have gone. These are the games that children used to play, but now they don't."
  • DTCDTC Temporary Retired SSFIV:AE Player Joined: Posts: 68Registered
    cr.lk > cr.lp > cr.hp is possible with Oni
    Target Combo (b+mp, hp) 2nd hit will whiff on ducking
  • metallegmetalleg Joined: Posts: 55Registered
    All this is just getting me more excited for Oni. AE's just too far away.
  • DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 1,641Registered
    I wonder, can you do Goshoryuken FADC instant Messatsu Gozanku? Or at least EX slash into instant Messatsu Gozanku? I want to juggle with it D:
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Crossing the Line for Anarchy!" - A SFxT DLC Character Combo Video
  • Dont JumpDont Jump MVC3 was end of good FG's Joined: Posts: 1,468Registered
    can he do cr jabx2-cr forward-fireball?

I usually do that or a cr RH as a simple bnb for my shotos and then throw in either tatsu, EX tatsu, or shoryuken if i have the meter.

Like, gouken could not combo a hadouken after a short or forward...can oni?
  • DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 1,641Registered
    I'm quite sure Oni can do it from mediums, not lights. Like Dan.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Crossing the Line for Anarchy!" - A SFxT DLC Character Combo Video
  • Slice0FriedGoldSlice0FriedGold Give me a break. Joined: Posts: 113Registered
    Dunno if it's been mentioned, but you can naked EX slash straight into Ultra with Oni. Does considerable damage, too.
    My HK Gekiros drop like flies.
    P-Groovin'.
  • xvynxxvynx Joined: Posts: 99Registered
    for full animation?
    for full animation?
    Nope, not even U1 or U2
  • Slice0FriedGoldSlice0FriedGold Give me a break. Joined: Posts: 113Registered
    Yeah, no animation. Ultra 1 seemed to do quite a bit though, like 400 or so. Reminds me of Ryu's DP FADC U1 except you only need one bar. Easy to hit confirm, as well. Still, probably just a gimmick or waste of Ultra.
    My HK Gekiros drop like flies.
    P-Groovin'.
  • kep1kep1 BINGO! Joined: Posts: 161Registered
    Yeah, no animation. Ultra 1 seemed to do quite a bit though, like 400 or so. Reminds me of Ryu's DP FADC U1 except you only need one bar. Easy to hit confirm, as well. Still, probably just a gimmick or waste of Ultra.
    How is a 400 damage 1 bar easy hit confirm combo into ultra a waste of ultra? Or do you just mean picking U1 is a waste compared to U2?
    http://blockstring.com - Friendly fighting game discussion
    But I heard U2 from that juggle does more damage...
  • kep1kep1 BINGO! Joined: Posts: 161Registered
    But I heard U2 from that juggle does more damage...
    Same here. Unless U1 does significant chip dmg I can't really see a good reason to pick it.
    http://blockstring.com - Friendly fighting game discussion
  • AzuroAzuro MK9: Reptile Joined: Posts: 1,142Registered
    I don't see a reason not to pick U1 tbh...
    www.testyourmight.com
  • Greatn3ssGreatn3ss Joined: Posts: 139Registered
    The only reason i can see people picking ultra 1 is because. You can do it from the air,from the ground going foward,from the ground in to the air, its really versatile but is it worth it im not sure. I will go test it out when ae comes out on xbl to see which one is better. But i am thinking ultra 2 imo

Ultra 2 does 525 damage fully landed. Thats enough reason for me to pick it, and it looks freaking awsome.

Ultra 1 does 450 is fully landed i beleve
  • DeaddsDeadds First HighArc Joined: Posts: 151Registered
    The only reason i can see people picking ultra 1 is because. You can do it from the air,from the ground going foward,from the ground in to the air, its really versatile but is it worth it im not sure. I will go test it out when ae comes out on xbl to see which one is better. But i am thinking ultra 2 imo

Ultra 2 does 525 damage fully landed. Thats enough reason for me to pick it, and it looks freaking awsome.

Ultra 1 does 450 is fully landed i beleve

Versatility is reason enough to use ultra 1 but if the same FADC combos with ultra2 do more damage than using ultra1, then i'll probably use ultra 2. We'll see tomorrow
    Transcending Human Frailty. >> XBOXLIVE Deadds831 <<
  • Greatn3ssGreatn3ss Joined: Posts: 139Registered
    ultra 1 does 350 from a distance 450 fully landed i wanted to clear that up
  • reboundrebound IT'S CHRISTMAAAAAS!!!! Joined: Posts: 224Registered
    Maybe these aren't super high damage combos or anything, but some simple combos to get the damage where you can get it:

TC2 -> LK Demon Slash -> FADC -> HP DP = 378 dmg/470 stun
    (in corner) TC2 -> EX Tatsu -> U2 = 429 dmg/370 stun
    http://tehrebound.tumblr.com
    SSF4: Dudley/Oni
    TTT2: Steve/Heihachi
    SC5: Nightmare
  • PONGPONG Joined: Posts: 92Registered
    Oni's cross up tatsu:

His HK tatsu does most damage ( 80 compared to MK's 60 )
    After connecting with tatsu cross up, MK tatsu follow up does most damage.. more than HK version ( 80 compared to 130 )

So for most damage : HK tatsu cross up into MK tatsu ender
  • Clutch HugsClutch Hugs Joined: Posts: 212Registered
    Jump in Fierce > Cr. Strong > Cr. Friece > Fierce Tatsu = 354 dmg, 600 stun
  • PONGPONG Joined: Posts: 92Registered
    Sigh why does TC2's FP whiff on crouch..
  • ZeonLiveZeonLive Zeon Int. Joined: Posts: 65Registered
    So far I've been doing: All these work on crouching opponents.

Jumpin TC1xx HP Shoryu 290 dmg, 470 stun
    Jumpin cr.short, cr. jab, cr. fierce xx HK tatsu 251 dmg, 490 stun
    Jumpin cr. short, cr. jab xx HP Shoryu 252 dmg, 430 stun

I'll try and find out more stuff when I get home from work.
    SFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SSFIV: Bison, Balrog
    SFxT: (Bison x Heihachi, Kazuya x Raven)
  • Fayz0nFayz0n Joined: Posts: 2Registered
    For combos into ultra, including the ex crossup move, comboing into U1 does more damage than U2.
  • JoshkazJoshkaz Undercover white man. Joined: Posts: 4,365Registered
    Jumpin HP, Cr. mp, Cr. HP, HCF LK, FADC, Cr. MP, TC2 xx HP DP 472 dmg 774 stun 2 bars.
    Cr. MP, Cr. HP, HCF LK, FADC, Cr.MP, TC2 xxHP DP 428 dmg stun is like 664 I think 2 bars.

No meter combos.
    st.jab x3, st mp xx RH tatsu 229 dmg, 330 stun
    cr.lk,cr.lp,cr.hpxxrh tatsu 229 dmg, 400 stun.
    cr.lp, cr. mp, cr.hp xx RH tatsu 213 dmg, 280 stun
    st.jab x3, st. hp xx rh tatsu 250 dmg, 400 stun
    Cr. mp, tc2 xx lk dp 275 dmg, 383 stun
    st.lp x2, st.hp xx lk dp 231 dmg, 365 stun
    Wut stuength!! Ba doh fogo der armeny lik u all oder deh wuld
    It doesn’t matter if you have the beard on the outside, as long as you got the beard on the inside. - Action Hank