Here we go again: Koihime Musou 2D fighting game

Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!!Joined: Posts: 1,076Registered
Yeah, here comes another all-female 2D fighting game, according to this list of GM Corporation (thanks to FFL):

http://www.gm-shoji.co.jp/newproduct/etc/new.htm

Name: ???? (Koihime Musou)
Genre: 2D weapon fighting game (??????)
Developer: Unknown

That's it guys, wait for AOU... but oh my god, ANOTHER ONE, lol.
Currently playing: Vanguard Princess, Vampire Savior, Arcana Heart.

Comments

• Hayama AkitoHayama Akito Shiaaaa!!! Joined: Posts: 1,076Registered
    Ah yeah, i forgot to tell: Koihime Musou is a SLG/Eroge/Turn-based strategy game who is pretty popular and now even more thanks to the anime, a veeeeeeeeeeeery ecchi series... with exploding boobs everywhere.
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 4,809Registered
    Every time Hayama Akito posts on FGD a new fighting game is born.
    It's like a Midas touch of fighting games.
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
  • HecatomHecatom 'dat plot Joined: Posts: 8,032Registered
    damn, lets take this to the fron page so srk can hate more on how these games are made for pedos, prevs, and sad lonely bastards that live on a basement :rofl:
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    IT'S SURPRISE SEX! (⌐■_■)
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • YinYin fun fun fun Joined: Posts: 3,396Registered
    Japan keepin' it sad yo.

A quick image search for Koihime Musou makes me see a ton of bland animu chicks with wardrobe malfunctions. Get hype!
    slay this unaligned ant!
  • IchipooIchipoo Not in front of the mirror, it's embarrassing <3 Joined: Posts: 2,451Registered
    Because you can't have enough sadlife games. :rolleyes: :rofl:
    *insert generic shiny, glowy, and heavily photoshopped animu sig here*
    https://twitter.com/lchipoo
    btw, would be this a poverty game or an arcade game?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • tatakitataki Non-SF4/MVC3 FG news: twitter.com/#!/novriltataki Joined: Posts: 4,809Registered
    Why is it so hard to find actual gameplay of the turn based strategy game on YT?
    Fighting game tutorials, matches, and funny stuff:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/novriltataki
    Former account:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/playtowin
    because its an eroge
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    I remember that someone post on SRK a Twitter from French Bread saying that his new game was "Sengoku era inspired game"... i wonder if this is the same game?
    i remember that they said that 2011 was going to be the "war state" (sengoku jidai) year for the fighting games
    but iirc they never talked about the game itself
    btw, is it french bread related to this game?
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
    Oh, thanks for that!

And is an Arcade game.
  • TrueGunnerShadowTrueGunnerShadow Netplay Hater Joined: Posts: 179Registered
    Looks Interesting.
    Hmmm.....
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406Registered
    Hey isn't Koihime Musou that yuri eroge series?
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne
    yes, it is
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • BotageLBotageL Thanks for playing! Joined: Posts: 84Registered
    Somebody's sure hell-bent on causing another genre crash.
  • TizocTizoc Joined: Posts: 11,406Registered
    yes, it is

Aha, well if it has some yuri goodness in it I may give it a try.
    "You have to be a badass if you ride a giant seahorse." -Grant Morrison on why Aquaman is badass
    "Game Over, Snively. ...Thanks for playing." -Dr. Eggman, Sonic Universe #40
    "I'm stinking of animal blood...As of now I'm a vegetarian. And this is Bat-cow." -Damian Wayne

to be honest, i feel that the amount of fighting games that are on the market are basically the same as previous years, its only that now many people notice them thanks to the "rebirth" of the genre at hands of sf4 (shrug)
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,366Registered
    i remember that they said that 2011 was going to be the "war state" year for the fighting games
    but iirc they never talked about the game itself

Yeah, that's from FB's twitter. They never talked about this game though! :lol:
    to be honest, i feel that the amount of fighting games that are on the market are basically the same as previous years, its only that now many people notice them thanks to the "rebirth" of the genre at hands of sf4 (shrug)

Exactly. Lord knows that there are still more than enough FPSes out there, and new ones keep coming all the time. If the FPS market hasn't imploded on itself by now, I don't think it ever will. If nothing else, the appeal is always there.

The only difference in the FG's case is that Fighting Games have only recently begun to adequately respond to the main threat to their existence a decade ago: netcode solutions. If Capcom, Namco, SNK and the rest had started catering to this demand ages ago, it's highly likely that Fighters wouldn't have had to endure a recession at all.
    Unreal Black Things are coming. - Get HYPE.
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2994/hydragp01l.jpg
  • dj_dedj_de fighting game's Joined: Posts: 384Registered
    Actually doesn't the Sengoku era refer to the Japanese warring states period and not the Chinese one (that Koihime Musou is based off of)?
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure people are confusing the time where the French Bread guy said that "2011 is going to be like the Warring States period for fighting games" with "French Bread has a new game being announced in a week."
    Yeah, that's from FB's twitter. They never talked about this game though! :lol:

Exactly. Lord knows that there are still more than enough FPSes out there, and new ones keep coming all the time. If the FPS market hasn't imploded on itself by now, I don't think it ever will. If nothing else, the appeal is always there.

The only difference in the FG's case is that Fighting Games have only recently begun to adequately respond to the main threat to their existence a decade ago: netcode solutions. If Capcom, Namco, SNK and the rest had started catering to this demand ages ago, it's highly likely that Fighters wouldn't have had to endure a recession at all.

yeah, but i think that its until now that the technology is there for them to take advantage of it, and even now is not enough to solve the problems that playing nline carries
    besides, fgs have never been popular enough becuase they take time and skill to get good, and without competition there not much that some one can do
    i think that is one of the reasons why so many devs use stuff like moe factor and or anime/eroges ips to try to attract more people based on the popularity that they have, wich by better or worse it has been a tendency those last years (for the worse for many srk'ers, lol)
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure people are confusing the time where the French Bread guy said that "2011 is going to be like the Warring States period for fighting games" with "French Bread has a new game being announced in a week."

pretty much, yeah
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • CyberAkumaCyberAkuma Unreal Black Thing! Joined: Posts: 1,366Registered
    yeah, but i think that its until now that the technology is there for them to take advantage of it, and even now is not enough to solve the problems that playing nline carries
    besides, fgs have never been popular enough becuase they take time and skill to get good, and without competition there not much that some one can do
    i think that is one of the reasons why so many devs use stuff like moe factor and or anime/eroges ips to try to attract more people based on the popularity that they have, wich by better or worse it has been a tendency these last years (for the worse for many srk'ers, lol)

True, there were technological limitations, but I still think FG devs did themselves a disservice by not at least trying to take the same "babysteps" that others in other genres were trying out years ago. A decade ago, Xbox Live was expanding on the same babysteps that the Dreamcast took a few years earlier, and in the end, it started laying the foundation that would become a standard now. But FGs missed that type of process a decade ago, and only now are starting to actually do something about it.

So now, we have it so that the likes of Capcom and Namco are basically a generation behind in this facet, and others like SNK, are even further behind. It's just the kind of thing that makes you a bit sad, when you think about how the companies could have been a part of the process, but now are seemingly a bunch of "johnny come latelies".
    Unreal Black Things are coming. - Get HYPE.
    http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/2994/hydragp01l.jpg
    true
    another thing that i believe that turn off many casuals is the fact that the fg's like the sport games have many revisions, hell just look how many people complained when they find out that there was coming ssf4 and bbcs, lol
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • KMDKMD Lurkers Anonymous Joined: Posts: 699Registered
    putting in stickwork for dat erofighting
    I'm here to have Eddie turn his upper body into a giant cow skull and make stupid cackling noises while sodomizing people with gigantic black drills. In HELL. Now THAT'S villainy.
    -Ben Reed
  • The_ThirdThe_Third Poverty Gamer Joined: Posts: 969Registered

Nobody gave a shit before SF4 came out; random doujin games were out every year ever since Frenchbread and Tasofro were going at it towards year 2000 and onward. The indie fighters really picked up since the introduction of MB though.
  • Tu101ukTu101uk [ jB all day long! ] Joined: Posts: 399Registered
    Oh wow, a Koihime Musou fighting game? D:

Well, some characters already appeared in Twinkle Queen. I wonder if it's the same developer.

We need some love for Shu... ;D Choun with butterfly mask, mushroom-eating Bachou and white-horse riding Kosonsan (I know, I'm using the Japanese names XD sue me)...

Man, what's with all the doujinshi fighters coming out of the woodwork in 2011? :D It's great...

O-O~
    Nobody gave a shit before SF4 didn't come out; random doujin games were out every year ever since Frenchbread and Tasofro were going at it towards year 2000 and onward. The indie fighters really picked up since the introduction of MB though.
    The difference being that in the past, these games were just indie releases at fan events, not arcade games with actual money behind and riding on them.
  • iShottoiShotto COME AT ME BRO Joined: Posts: 2,019Registered
    would it be appropriate to play this game wiht your pants off similar in fashion to the previous Kohime games?
    Say hello to your mother for me.
    The difference being that in the past, these games were just indie releases at fan events, not arcade games with actual money behind and riding on them.

if its on arcade then its not indie, this game and Aquapazza for example are not doujin games, only because the source material its an eroge doesnt mean that they are doujin games

mb was a doujin game until mb react, after that, the game is a comercial game since its developed for arcades
    would it be appropriate to play this game wiht your pants off similar in fashion to the previous Kohime games?

sure why not
    ( •_•) IT'S NOT RAPE,
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    YEAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!
  • DeltaKyakuDeltaKyaku terribad Joined: Posts: 704Registered
    All girl fighting games are a symptom of fighters being niche, not a cause.

I'm sure someone would try to argue how hardcore and street official underage Sakura cosplayers are though.