Just Rolling With It: Yang General Discussion Thread

Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ ClimaxJoined: Posts: 19,534Registered, Premium
Thread to talk about whatever doesn't belong in the other threads.

Man it must suck to have to keep putting in money while you're trying to learn and test a new character. The vids are funny watching people who know their character come in and body players using Yun and Yang while they try to figure out the timing.
"You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
"Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make." - Bruce Lee
PSN: X_the_Genius | GGPO: Mr X | Skype: MisterEcks
3rd Strike | King of Fighters XIII | Skullgirls | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Comments

• KingHippo42KingHippo42 Bodybodybodyuppercut Joined: Posts: 1,121Registered
    Yeah, lol. I can't imagine having to do this in the old days ^^;

Yang's looking very nice, though. I've heard nothing but good things from guys playing the game.

Nice of you to start a general discussion topic, BTW.
    SFxT: Sagat/Lars, Guy/Lili, Rolento/Guy
    UMvC3: Cap/Doom/Sent
    MK9: Kenshi, Freddy Kreuger
  • Mr. XMr. X Non Stop ∞ Climax Joined: Posts: 19,534Registered, Premium
    I went to the Yun board and saw a matchup thread and was like "wtf, there's not really anything to discuss match up wise yet" and saw the entire thread turn into a general discussion as I scrolled down so I gave Yang one.

With Daigo playing Yun and amassing a lot of BP (Capcom let that dude playtest Yun before everyone, idgaf what you say), everyone is in there and Yang once again is living in his brother's shadow, for now at least.

The twins forward dashes look so slow to me. Am I the only one?

Here's hoping week 2 Yangs bring the heat. I want to see some good vids when players understand Yang better.
    "You are all just as bad as the people you hate. You're only interested in characters based on tears." - Since1717
    "Art reaches its greatest peak when devoid of self-consciousness. Freedom discovers man the moment he loses concern over what impression he is making or about to make." - Bruce Lee
    3rd Strike | King of Fighters XIII | Skullgirls | Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
  • DustlooperDustlooper Jab FADC Joined: Posts: 947Registered
    Eh. I believe I can agree with you. But, I'd rather Yang not get too popular. He has all the resources to be good, though.

The dashes don't look slow. They just don't look fast. Not Chun, Abel, or Elf level, but usable. Same thing with the backdash--it covers good ground, and it's pretty quick.

Any suggestions for other threads? I'm willing to handle the Beginner's thread, like I have with Abel.
    SSF4: Abel (Main), Chun (Sub)
    AE: Yang (Main)
    MK9: Smoke (Main), Reptile (Sub)

And I play square-enix games on the side.
  • gdbell87gdbell87 The Banned Bandit, Speaker of Truth! Joined: Posts: 332Registered
    I went to the Yun board and saw a matchup thread and was like "wtf, there's not really anything to discuss match up wise yet" and saw the entire thread turn into a general discussion as I scrolled down so I gave Yang one.

With Daigo playing Yun and amassing a lot of BP (Capcom let that dude playtest Yun before everyone, idgaf what you say), everyone is in there and Yang once again is living in his brother's shadow, for now at least.

The twins forward dashes look so slow to me. Am I the only one?

Here's hoping week 2 Yangs bring the heat. I want to see some good vids when players understand Yang better.

Well I see a few Dudley players are taking interest in the Chinese Delivery Boys! Good to see that.

As far as the forward dashes, I seriously thought they would be a LOT slower than what they are from the looks of it. But you are right in that they certainly aren't fast when compared to others in the cast.

I live in Tennessee and we are actually scheduled to get AE Tuesday. I am trying to find a way up to Nashville but if I can't make it up, I know some others that will and are going to be testing out Yang. If you have anything you wanted tested let me know and I can try to see whats up.
    "I got more hos than TIIIIGGEEERRR.......word to Sagat!"- Wale

"Eatin these Oreos like white girls that blow me!"- Childish Gambino

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    I think it might have to do with that Yun has his foward leaping fist move and Yang has a command dash, maybe their foward dashes won't be necessary for getting across the screen...just guessing.

I do like how quick his upkicks appear to be. Plus, you can FADC into a non animation ultra if you need some quick damage.
  • MariodoodMariodood You Cant Escape..O_o Joined: Posts: 1,435Registered
    The twins dashes are never good. You're supposed to use the dive kicks to move around.
    I live in Tennessee and we are actually scheduled to get AE Tuesday. I am trying to find a way up to Nashville but if I can't make it up, I know some others that will and are going to be testing out Yang. If you have anything you wanted tested let me know and I can try to see whats up.
    You going to Game Galaxy, too?

The twins dashes are never good. You're supposed to use the dive kicks to move around.

Didn't know this and seems to go against everything I know about jumping in Street Fighter.
  • gdbell87gdbell87 The Banned Bandit, Speaker of Truth! Joined: Posts: 332Registered
    You going to Game Galaxy, too?

Indeed, well at least I hope too! lol they are only getting one machine and once everybody in the surrounding area realizes we have it, it will get crucial when trying to actually play the game. Still should be fun though. Will you be heading there tuesday?
    "I got more hos than TIIIIGGEEERRR.......word to Sagat!"- Wale

"Eatin these Oreos like white girls that blow me!"- Childish Gambino

Your signature has been modifed, please read the rules.
    Well I see a few Dudley players are taking interest in the Chinese Delivery Boys! Good to see that.
    We have one AE Dudley video and he is throwing the other player a lot. It's annoying knowing there's a good Dudley player somewhere in Japan amassing BP like Daigo and not getting any type of video of him.
    Didn't know this and seems to go against everything I know about jumping in Street Fighter.
    Because 3S was a different game.

You're playing Ryu. My Ryu jumps in on yours. The obvious answer is to anti-air me, whether it be a low fierce or a DP, right? Not in 3S. I can parry while jumping, and you'll eat a super from trying to anti-air me. 3S was a weird game because of parries. Yang has a good dash, rekkas that knock down (and are safe on block, not to mention pretty damn quick), his TC knocked down, his dive kick is part of a TC, and he can go through projectiles with his roll kick. Off a knock down, he can command dash for oki.

I wouldn't take too much into consideration concerning his dive-kicks as an approach. They're not Rufus calibur, but they're good.
    Indeed, well at least I hope too! lol they are only getting one machine and once everybody in the surrounding area realizes we have it, it will get crucial when trying to actually play the game. Still should be fun though. Will you be heading there tuesday?

Hopefully. It's $20 for a day, I'm pretty sure.

• DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 1,641Registered
    Don't forget to try the Senei Enbu loop I mentioned. If they haven't changed how Yang's moves work since trailer, I can't see it not working. Also, I can't think of a more potent combo with SSFIVs scaling system.
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Crossing the Line for Anarchy!" - A SFxT DLC Character Combo Video
    Don't forget to try the Senei Enbu loop I mentioned. If they haven't changed how Yang's moves work since trailer, I can't see it not working. Also, I can't think of a more potent combo with SSFIVs scaling system.

I'll also try his roundhouse loop. Here's what I wanna try, besides that loop:
    Low forward/OH -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low short -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low forward -> fierce slash -> jab slash -> low short -> fierce slash (super ends) -> low forward -> slash x3

Sj > dive kick > C mp > sweep loop

cl.something xx lk dash loop

• DooplissDoopliss T.Rawk Joined: Posts: 1,641Registered
    s.HK is special cancellable?
    Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

"Crossing the Line for Anarchy!" - A SFxT DLC Character Combo Video
  • Fool~samaFool~sama Hazama fanboy Joined: Posts: 71Registered
    Just had to make an account
    Glad that yang finally being seen in action.
    How's everything impression (if any) on him so far?
    Awaiting any challengers, always looking for a good fight. :3
    Blazblue:CS2 Jin sub hazama
    SSF4AE: ...I don't really know, maybe e.ryu? or Adon?
    Tekken 6: leo, lei, steve
    Hmm...so a guy in the Guile forums who was actively playing mentioned that Yang's command dash actually goes through projectiles. He didn't specify if it was EX or not, but I gotta think that will be a very good tool for beating c.mk>Hadouken...unless it's really slow.

Good news, definitely.
  • shadokenshadoken Joined: Posts: 333Registered

At 3:11

guy's c.lk whiffs ... so does Fake Palm have invinc or something?..
  • D_DollarsD_Dollars the BASED ken Joined: Posts: 1,655Registered
    Hmm...so a guy in the Guile forums who was actively playing mentioned that Yang's command dash actually goes through projectiles. He didn't specify if it was EX or not, but I gotta think that will be a very good tool for beating c.mk>Hadouken...unless it's really slow.

Good news, definitely.
    a decent way to move projectiles much like dudley's duck.
    ssf4 ae:ken aka da based ken
    P4U:mitsuru aka da based mitsuru
  • Fool~samaFool~sama Hazama fanboy Joined: Posts: 71Registered

At 3:11

guy's c.lk whiffs ... so does Fake Palm have invinc or something?..

I thiknk all the palm's have invinc on em
    Awaiting any challengers, always looking for a good fight. :3
    Blazblue:CS2 Jin sub hazama
    SSF4AE: ...I don't really know, maybe e.ryu? or Adon?
    Tekken 6: leo, lei, steve
  • No_CigarNo_Cigar close but....... Joined: Posts: 2,173Registered
    I doubt it's full body incibility, probably just lower invincibility. Depending on if the where the invincibility frames are then it could be useful.
    · "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
  • DJGroundZeroDJGroundZero Avid SF Fan Joined: Posts: 351Registered
    Palms to Nulify Fireballs and maybe Feed your Super or Ultra meter?? that would be good.
    Trophy Whore!!! NUFF SAID!!!

PSN ID: RidgeRacer7Dude
  • derrybderryb Joined: Posts: 43Registered
    Oh boy my SF3 main makes it onto an arcade game ;-; thats all I have to say about that
    http://www.youtube.com/user/DerryMutilation

MVC3 Team: Taskmaster/Hsien-Ko/Akuma

|MIC| Get HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
  • ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,162Registered
    If you have anything you wanted tested let me know and I can try to see whats up.

Copied from the General question thread. This is what I posted, but there are some other good ideas in that thread for a test-fest :)

To anyone able to test stuff, here's what I'd like to know:

-range of command grab (LK and EX)
    -quality of focus (as good as Fei's? I heard it was good range and speed)
    -ease of execution of cLK cLK cLK xx Slashes (I'm guessing similar to Bison cLKx3 to scissor timing)
    -potential for crossup setups after forward and back throw (like throw, dash, MK dive or throw, HK command dash, lk dive, etc etc)
    -EX slashes as good as in 3s? That's where I'm expecting to burn most of my meter in theory
    -Any version of DP kick have speed or invincibility for use as an anti air?

Yang could be f'n broken, boys. I am so amped for AE! LOL
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    UMvC3: Magneto xxx Doom, xxx Doom Sent, xxx Doom Vergil. With many solutions for x.
    SF4: Akuma, Rufus, Guile, Rose
    ST: Chun. 3S: Akuma, Ryu. Chess: 1. d4
  • Sh33pSh33p New Age of Rubbish Rifling Joined: Posts: 430Registered
    Can someone check whether you can do any of his 3s unblockable stuff, with like sweep to crossup dive back them combo back into sweep? I don't know it very well, but it sounds pretty cool.
  • Eric JEric J D.A.H. Joined: Posts: 276Registered
    Copied from the General question thread. This is what I posted, but there are some other good ideas in that thread for a test-fest :)

To anyone able to test stuff, here's what I'd like to know:

-range of command grab (LK and EX)
    -quality of focus (as good as Fei's? I heard it was good range and speed)
    -ease of execution of cLK cLK cLK xx Slashes (I'm guessing similar to Bison cLKx3 to scissor timing)
    -potential for crossup setups after forward and back throw (like throw, dash, MK dive or throw, HK command dash, lk dive, etc etc)
    -EX slashes as good as in 3s? That's where I'm expecting to burn most of my meter in theory
    -Any version of DP kick have speed or invincibility for use as an anti air?

Yang could be f'n broken, boys. I am so amped for AE! LOL

EX slashes are not as good as 3S :( I tried them against people and got beat by lows . Didn't try cLK x 3 to slashes yet, but did cLP, cLP, cMK xx slashes and sMP, sLK xx slashes. Focus has good range + speed. Dive kicks need more blockstun IMO
    もう終わりか?
  • spuschurspuschur Joined: Posts: 17Registered
    Hey dudes,

I thought I would post my observations and whatnot from my limited game play with Yang on AE.

I'm not sure if this has been confirmed already but, his teleport is now qcf+k and his rolling kicks are the dp motion. Basically, they swapped them around.

The most interesting combo I did was cr.lp > st.lp > cl.mk. Super jump cancel into air resets? or the air target combo - either hit with both kicks or use the dive kick to land first for mixups after? I saw in the combo thread that you can land ultra after cl.mk. Meterless ultra combo?

I don't feel like ex slashes are worth the meter. It feels good doing them though haha. Not sure if they do a lot of stun. I don't remember anyone getting stunned after eating a lot of slashes. Could be wrong though.

I saw a Yun use meaty palm on wake up. Did either the mk or hk palm a few times and then did lk.palm > command throw. Maybe we can do that too?

I want to test more and just muck around with stuff but I keep losing =(
    Yang

I know less about Yang since I think he's going to take people more time to completely figure out how to play properly and nobody's playing him at a competent level around here yet. He's nowhere near as straightforward as Yun. What I do know is that his rekkas seem safe up to the second hit. You can punish the 3rd hit on block with cr.MP. EX rekka is completely safe on block. Maybe even plus frames. His DP can be safe jumped like Yun, but he can focus cancel it for the standard hit/throw two choice afterwards. Keep an eye on his meter.

His normals are definitely a cut above Yun's and his mid-range game can be a bit rough for Abel. At least you don't have that fucking lunge punch to worry about. St.LK is still your best friend. Other good normals are cr.MP, cr.LP, cr.LK. None of these will beat his st.HP which is just god damn ridiculous. You can punish it with all sorts of things if you predict it or have quick reactions though. I managed to predict one and do focus, dash, TT.

I'm still trying to work out the exact properties of the command dash and what that means in terms of Abel's options.

Yang's crouching jab is a problem once you're in close. It's probably 3 frames and it has godlike hitboxes and combo options. From cr.LP he can get to his rekka, which apparently means he can focus cancel into one of his ultras. Maybe. I'm told it's possible, but the timing is tight and all I saw today was people try and fail. That bit might be character specific and exclude Abel. Regardless, the normal itself is excellent and sets up EX rekka which is a knockdown and dive kick mixup for Yang. Treat it like Boxer's jab until you find a reason not to.

From the Abel thread. You can safe up roll kicks, so it has to be at least 4 frames start-up.

And here is a picture of Yang's alt costume.

• ThisGuileKillYaThisGuileKillYa SSS++++ tier at exaggeration Joined: Posts: 2,162Registered
    EX slashes are not as good as 3S :( I tried them against people and got beat by lows

Well I mainly planned to use them to end combos so I'm not too worried about them getting beaten out.
    Didn't try cLK x 3 to slashes yet, but did cLP, cLP, cMK xx slashes and sMP, sLK xx slashes.

If you get to play again, definitely try out the low shorts! I was as excited to hear that was possible as I was cMK xx slashes. I just hope they execute easily rather than being, like, three 1-frame links in a row or something.

Thanks for the info!! :)
    MvC3: Dante Magneto Sentinel
    UMvC3: Magneto xxx Doom, xxx Doom Sent, xxx Doom Vergil. With many solutions for x.
    SF4: Akuma, Rufus, Guile, Rose
    ST: Chun. 3S: Akuma, Ryu. Chess: 1. d4
  • Shin OniShin Oni Mr. Gimmicks Joined: Posts: 5,235Registered
    I'm kinda curious to see Yang have some Option selects with DP kick and/or teleport. (granted teleport is any decent in this game.)
    I don't got those.
  • SpiderCrawlSpiderCrawl Shadaloo Deserter Joined: Posts: 373Registered
    Yang looks sick he will most likely replace Cammy as my sub character.
    2012: Bison & Cammy
    GG: Faust