64

Japan "Let's Go? Justin!! Cup" results!

BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazingJoined: Posts: 1,699Registered, Moderators
yes, that was the actual name of the tourney.

basically a tourney bas threw for our american players in japan (kim, ricky, justin, floe). 85 heads showed up for the cvs2 tourney, more for the 3 on 3 tourney (i'll get to that in a second).

1st: KOK "the most gangsta of all names" (A-Blanka/Vega/Bison)
2nd: Bas "the american dream" (A-Vega/Bison/Blanka)
3rd: Nakanishi "japanese choi" (C-Ryu/Guile/Sagat)


our american reps? ...let's just say they didn't do too well.

anyway, there was also a Melty Blood team tourney going on during the CvS2 singles, and apparently the crowd over there was getting really wild. the arcade was in the middle of a mall, so I guess the manager was pretty fidgety about all the noise being made. the result? the CvS2 3 on 3 tourney was cancelled by the manager. can you say wiggity wiggity wack?

even worse, a lot of fools came only for the team tournament. Sawada, Kindebu and Mago (SBO2 champion team) were among them.

oh well. if anybody has results from the newton 3s tourney that happened afterwards (i'm looking at you, fubarduck/mopreme) couldja post em up in here?
-Campbell Tran

as of 12/02/09:

me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
bas: hahah of course no
«1

Comments

  • SNAAAAKESNAAAAKE 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 6,324Registered
    Vids !! ? ?
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    got dat fancy sig too :encore:
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
  • OnikageOnikage Chaot Extraordinaire Joined: Posts: 1,601Registered
    By "didn't do too well" I sure hope you don't mean, "peaced out instantly".
    If nothing is true, everything is permitted.
    Handsome fighters never lose battles.
    How can you not?
    Keystone III Mid-Boss
  • SageSage 伝説の仙人 Joined: Posts: 1,729Registered
    I wish i was gangsta like KOK. :wow:
    凸(▽皿▽#) FU
  • Nick T.Nick T. Joined: Posts: 3,994Registered
    Do you know what teams were used Buk?

    I assume Ricky used A-Vega, Sakura, Blanka r2.
    Did Justin use P groove?
    "It's not your characters' weakness, but weakness in yourself.
    Practice it hard and you can beat anybody." -Kuni
  • moprememopreme Genius of hard work Joined: Posts: 120Registered
    Newton 2 on 2 3s Team Tournament

    1st:
    Knit (Yun), Mester (Yun)

    2nd:
    KO (Yun), Ohnuki (Chun Li)
    I think, therefore I win.
    3s Strategy Journal: http://mopreme.blogspot.com
  • KINGKING あなたの母親の膣 Joined: Posts: 2,534Registered
    mopreme wrote:
    Newton 2 on 2 3s Team Tournament

    1st:
    Knit (Yun), Mester (Yun)

    2nd:
    KO (Yun), Ohnuki (Chun Li)
    fuck Yun!:mad:
    "I will be kind enough to give you the hint regarding KOF though: read Iori Yagami's family name in reverse." -- Black Shroud
  • Ryu1999Ryu1999 Keyboard Warrior Joined: Posts: 839Registered
    Buktooth wrote:
    3rd: Nakanishi "japanese choi" (C-Ryu/Guile/Sagat)

    a Ryu placing? What is this 2002? :clap:

    Was that the same player as in the most recent A-cho vids, because he played the same team...
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:25 PM): dammit i need toilet paper, we're all out
    Me (10:27:36 PM): backed up to all get out?
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:40 PM): so i'll shit then shower
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:46 PM): then shave
    "orangemegaslide" (10:27:48 PM): brb in a bit
  • Unknown Joined:
    Onikage wrote:
    By "didn't do too well" I sure hope you don't mean, "peaced out instantly".

    Justin got taken out first round, ricky won one, then lost right after that. Team tourney 3s: You can use same characters. So justin(chun)&Ricky(chun) get beat by some dudley player in the first round.
  • Dr.BDr.B EVO DvD CvS2 02'-03' Joined: Posts: 1,346Registered
    Im not too surprised at the results...I hope that future tourneys in Japan have some random US wild card players to actually take us to the top.

    -B.
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582Registered
    damn dudley beasting all over robot chun. props to the player. maybe it was munakata.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • iKlEiTlHiKlEiTlH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Joined: Posts: 1,051Registered
    fuckin melty blood players
    fools need to calm down
  • popo187popo187 :E Joined: Posts: 588Registered
    man, melty bloody is taking over slowly..

    but yeah the us players getting peaced out 1st round in both games didn't come as a surprise, there's just so much equal or near equal talent there in japan (or so I think.), it makes their "top" players literally over the top as they have to adjust to different styles,etc. all the time.
    <Nekohashi> are you coming this year too?
    <187> hmm.. i cannot because of university :(
    <Nekohashi> kick school's ass and give it a shit!!
  • Unknown Joined:
    mopreme wrote:
    Newton 2 on 2 3s Team Tournament

    1st:
    Knit (Yun), Mester (Yun)

    2nd:
    KO (Yun), Ohnuki (Chun Li)

    3rd:
    Pyrolee(Yun), Frankie3s(Ryu)
  • ssj2jeffssj2jeff Joined: Posts: 701Registered
    holy shit. pyro and frankie representin

    i definatly have to give props to KO too, everytime theres a tourney he's always comin out on top or really close to top.
    Min: have you heard of Bible Black
    Spooky: have you seen my hard drive
    :avatar by benski:
  • Unknown Joined:
    epsilon_ wrote:
    damn dudley beasting all over robot chun. props to the player. maybe it was munakata.
    Whoever it was, he had to be a beast.
  • Unknown Joined:
    it was Jima
  • PcLanAdmin2PcLanAdmin2 Look out Guy!!! Joined: Posts: 190Registered
    mopreme wrote:
    Newton 2 on 2 3s Team Tournament

    1st:
    Knit (Yun), Mester (Yun)

    2nd:
    KO (Yun), Ohnuki (Chun Li)


    Didn't Pyrolee and Frankie3s from the US get 3rd place?
  • Unknown Joined:
    Again, KOK is the best name ever. :rofl: I'm winning every tourney once I change my name to that.
  • OMENOMEN Joined: Posts: 39Registered
    They sure did. But some hating buster convienently left them off the results. :confused: LOL Since when does posting 1st and 2nd place constitute results? I may be wrong but that looks like blatant haterism.

    Just a postscript to that, I know both Pyro and Frankie personally. The hate I see on them on here is unexplainable and is for no reason. They are just two very talented players who are just better than the other USA players. The couple times Pyro gets cocky and pops off at the mouth is just him playing around (He doesn't realize how serious some of you take his jokes). He's actually a real humble cat who just loves 3rd strike. He practiced for a while, got good (especially with yun) and now everybody in this "very small" community for some reason got hate for him. Once you "barneys" realize how small this street fighter community is you'll realize that you need to support one another cuz most young gamers play pc games and could care less about Street Fighter. Now granted I'm an old fuck and I can remember when SF actually ruled the world. Back then it was fun to talk shit but the game has changed. You few that are left, and most of the people left are diehards and actually have alot of skillz, might want to try to get along or you not gonna have anyone to play against. And in case you've forgot, SFighter is pretty fucking boring against the CPU. That's all I got to say. Peace to all the old heads who use to write (tag), smoke weed (Frank still blows mad treez), and play SF all day. I'll hit yall up online for a game of SF2CE when I'm 65. :tup: LATE
  • BuktoothBuktooth vietnamazing Joined: Posts: 1,699Registered, Moderators
    for the most part 2 people tie for 3rd in japanese tourneys since theyre single elim, so a lot of people just leave them out. and if they dont do that, people usually just give 3rd place to whoever lost to the first place guy, which is just as lame. in the cvs2 tourney nakanishi and the other guy actually played out the 3rd place match so thats why i posted it up
    -Campbell Tran

    as of 12/02/09:

    me: did pz john ever give the japanese players their money
    bas: hahah of course no
  • RobustRobust Dip$et xx Team 3 Joined: Posts: 2,925Registered
    What are the results from marvel i heard taka beasting on everyone
    game is the game
  • N-KenN-Ken dipthrongjr jr Joined: Posts: 2,932Registered
    OMEN wrote:
    They sure did. But some hating buster named Mopreme convienently left them off the results. :confused: LOL Since when does posting 1st and 2nd place constitute results? I may be wrong but that looks like blatant haterism.

    Just a postscript to that, I know both Pyro and Frankie personally. The hate I see on them on here is unexplainable and is for no reason. They are just two very talented players who are just better than the other USA players. The couple times Pyro gets cocky and pops off at the mouth is just him playing around (He doesn't realize how serious some of you take his jokes). He's actually a real humble cat who just loves 3rd strike. He practiced for a while, got good (especially with yun) and now everybody in this "very small" community for some reason got hate for him. Once you "barneys" realize how small this street fighter community is you'll realize that you need to support one another cuz most young gamers play pc games and could care less about Street Fighter. Now granted I'm an old fuck and I can remember when SF actually ruled the world. Back then it was fun to talk shit but the game has changed. You few that are left, and most of the people left are diehards and actually have alot of skillz, might want to try to get along or you not gonna have anyone to play against. And in case you've forgot, SFighter is pretty fucking boring against the CPU. That's all I got to say. Peace to all the old heads who use to write (tag), smoke weed (Frank still blows mad treez), and play SF all day. I'll hit yall up online for a game of SF2CE when I'm 65. :tup: LATE


    Support someone who doesnt support the US scene? Fuck that shit, he's a cocksucker, and he proves that in his actions. Dont give that "deep down he's nice and humble blah blah" circle jerk bullshit, people dont like him for a reason. You obviously DO like him(maybe too much), so leave it be, people have reasons for not liking him, and now I have a reason for disliking you, so shut the fuck up.
    SHIPP ITT: hey vietcong SHIPP ITT: nice job sunday
    vietcong01: tyshipp SHIPP ITT: np, hud
    vietcong01: ok gl
  • RockefellerRockefeller Roku Fera Joined: Posts: 252Registered
    mopreme doesn't hate ff. he's one of the nicest guys i've ever met.
    reporting live for news combo 7.
  • OMENOMEN Joined: Posts: 39Registered
    N-Ken wrote:
    Support someone who doesnt support the US scene? Fuck that shit, he's a cocksucker, and he proves that in his actions. Dont give that "deep down he's nice and humble blah blah" circle jerk bullshit, people dont like him for a reason. You obviously DO like him(maybe too much), so leave it be, people have reasons for not liking him, and now I have a reason for disliking you, so shut the fuck up.


    LOL, make me.

    Anyway.... I was not aware that Pyro does not support the US scene. I would bring up again that there really is no US "scene", but obviously you didnt read that part. I doubt he cares much about what people think on here I just find it funny that you guys get so mad at a guy for doing well. And if he thinks the comp is better in Japan.........he's right! And if he enjoys playing over there, then he should. I don't see how that is not supporting the US "scene".

    Now I haven't read all that gets said in these forums so maybe I'm missing a bit of background here. But I do know what Frank and Mike told me after going to that last "big" Texas tournament. Seems alot of you barneys were rooting against them to the point of trying to intimidate them physically (evidently a little fat asian was talking ALOT of shit with some random black guys backing him up)LOL wong. Well, they won anyway and I hear it wasn't that hard even though they were missing moves. I was ROFL after hearing this as everytime these e-thugs actually come to FFA in Los Angeles, they are always SUPER respectful to the point of cockriding. And no one comes to them in a threatening manner cuz for the most part except for the young wannabee gangsters, we just chill.

    Just a side note, although Frank and Pyro and some of the other guys are FFA are pretty passive guys, you might want to tone down the remarks against me unless you plan to NEVER show up at our arcade. K thx
  • epsilon_epsilon_ helpful Joined: Posts: 3,582Registered
    e thuggin at its best.
    i don't care what the critics say, violence is a beauuutiful thing!
  • N-KenN-Ken dipthrongjr jr Joined: Posts: 2,932Registered
    OMEN wrote:
    LOL, make me.

    Anyway.... I was not aware that Pyro does not support the US scene. I would bring up again that there really is no US "scene", but obviously you didnt read that part. I doubt he cares much about what people think on here I just find it funny that you guys get so mad at a guy for doing well. And if he thinks the comp is better in Japan.........he's right! And if he enjoys playing over there, then he should. I don't see how that is not supporting the US "scene".

    Now I haven't read all that gets said in these forums so maybe I'm missing a bit of background here. But I do know what Frank and Mike told me after going to that last "big" Texas tournament. Seems alot of you barneys were rooting against them to the point of trying to intimidate them physically (evidently a little fat asian was talking ALOT of shit with some random black guys backing him up)LOL wong. Well, they won anyway and I hear it wasn't that hard even though they were missing moves. I was ROFL after hearing this as everytime these e-thugs actually come to FFA in Los Angeles, they are always SUPER respectful to the point of cockriding. And no one comes to them in a threatening manner cuz for the most part except for the young wannabee gangsters, we just chill.

    Just a side note, although Frank and Pyro and some of the other guys are FFA are pretty passive guys, you might want to tone down the remarks against me unless you plan to NEVER show up at our arcade. K thx

    Not supporting the scene has nothing to do with travelling to Japan and that shit, if he wants to waste his life going back and forth between countries for THIRD STRIKE that really doesnt matter to me or just about anyone else here, he wants to play a game for 9 hours a day or whatever same thing, has nothing to do with the US scene.

    When he says he's better than everyone else just because he went to Japan thats different. basically it went like:

    People here: How can you say FFA > US when you never travel to any tourney?

    Pyro: I dont need to travel, all that matters in the US is FFA, its like a japanese province. The rest of US is like, Mongolia. It just doesnt matter.


    Besides, you know what I think is funny is when random ass cali motherfuckers jump online and either come with "Quit talking bout Pyro you dont even know him blah blah" or "your on his nuts because your talking about him"(that one is ALWAYS the funniest, how am I on his nuts when Im calling him a bitch again? Cause randomass illiterate Cali "Unknown friends of Pyro aka dickriders" think that anytime someone mentions a name they must be jocking? fuck off)

    Its also funny that Pyro reportedly has the IQ of a very dense cabbage, people that know him say this, his online posts dont exactly squelch that rep either.

    Oh yeah, I say it again, shut the fuck up randomass dickrider. You talk like you'd do something, but you'd fucking turn into Casper the second you even had a chance to do shit. Dont even waste your time typing threats that have about as much chance of coming true as The easter bunny giving out bricks of coke in kids baskets or Pyrolee having a cohesive thought, cause those 3 things arent ever happening in this life. You might as well save yourself from carpal tunnel.
    SHIPP ITT: hey vietcong SHIPP ITT: nice job sunday
    vietcong01: tyshipp SHIPP ITT: np, hud
    vietcong01: ok gl
  • pauleepaulee Nada Joined: Posts: 304Registered
    i think i've read this discussion before
    If you can't spot the sucker in 15 minutes at the table, you're it.
  • hauntshaunts www.iplaywinner.com Joined: Posts: 3,098Registered
    N-ken,

    what are you doing for this US scene you care so much about? Just curious.
    http://www.iplaywinner.com | http://www.keystoneii.com | http://www.versuscity.net | http://www.denjinarcade.com
    terror never had rules, kill the messenger and the bearer of bad news.
  • Unknown Joined:
    Where do I sign up for these bricks?

    N
  • Unknown Joined:
    damn man... i wouldnt talk shit to omen like that son. this isnt even about 3s or pyrolee

    seriously...

    yo damien, don't even bother with this. if this guy comes to FF and runs his mouth then thats that, if not, just fuck it. he already has his mind made up
Sign In or Register to comment.